Throne

(ABOVE IS A PICTURE OF WHO I HAVE CHOSEN TO PORTRAY LUCA) I will upload one chapter at a time! But don't worry this book is finished!<3 Please comment and vote to show this story some love!....it will help me upload the next chapter faster!<3
———————————-

Luca

I didn't ask for this life, the throne to the whole city, to run the Marino Mafia...It was handed to me the night I watched my father get shot right in front of me. I'll never forget the way the blood poured from his wounds, both of his men crying and running around chaotically. I was fifteen, I tried to put my hands over the holes in his body, I tried to keep as much blood in his chest as I could with hopes of it keeping him alive. How stupid I was to think that it would help.

My father was a well feared man, the scariest man I'd ever met. He had rivals, who wanted him dead. One night, the one time he was light on security a member from a different strand of the Mafia snuck up on him. It was my fault I'd begged my dad to take me to the store, threw a fit until I got my way. It was my fault he was dead. So being next in line, and an only child meant I had to take over. I'd learned so much from my father but seeing him die turned me into more of a monster than even he was. It hardened me and morphed me into the most feared man on the East Coast.

My mother didn't even try to stop me from taking on the title The Mafia Boss, because it was always part of the plan and there wasn't anything she could have done to stop it. Since the day I was born, their first and only son it has always been my destiny, my inheritance. So here I am twenty seven years old running and owning the city and everyone in it.

I own several businesses up and down the East Coast from hotels, strip clubs, casinos and even underground businesses, off the map that most people don't know a thing about. The businesses I own are ran flawlessly and professionally. I don't have room for error, my reputation is one that I've instilled for. One that I've fought for not one that was just given to me.

A knock on my office door pulls me from my thoughts. I look to my computer screen where the camera footage is rolling and see it's Franco, head of my security.

"Come in." My voice booms and in seconds he is in my office and standing in front of my desk. I wave my hand for him to state why he is here. He doesn't just pop in to chat there's a reason he is here and I don't have patience for him stalling.

"Sir sorry to bother you but there has been some altercation at The Marino Suites, I tried to handle it but it seems to be out of hand." I sigh and run a hand through my brown hair before I stand adjusting my suit.

I don't ask what the issue is. I'll figure it out when I get there. The Marino Suites is the nicest hotel in New York City, I know it because I own it. I see to it being five stars and the ratings rave it's the 'place to stay'. I hand pick the staff of all of my establishments so the fact that there is an altercation is a problem.

I climb into the back seat of an all blacked out SUV as Franco makes the drive from our underground location to the hotel. When he pulls out front and parks the car I don't wait for him to open my door I simply do it myself. I stroll inside the automatic sliding doors and the sight in front of me floors me.

One of the housekeepers Maria and the head manager Olivia are fighting in the lobby and that is not something I tolerate not when it's my business on the line.

"I am not accusing you! I simply said it wasn't me. I haven't been anywhere but this desk all day." Olivia is trying to whisper but Maria starts shouting, a lot of it in Spanish which I don't understand but I can tell she's angry based off of her tone and the look on her face alone.

"Enough! Follow me. Both of you." I don't watch to make sure they are following me I can hear the nervous pitter patter of their feet shuffling behind me.

I lead them down to my office here at the hotel and gesture them inside and shut the door behind me. I take my seat at my desk and they each sit into the chairs in front of it both visually shaking clearly nervous, I am a scary man and my eyes staring back and forth between them is building tension.

"What's the problem?" I ask, my firm voice echoing off of the walls of my small office. They both start rambling and it's hard to understand a single thing either of them are saying. I hold my hand up for them to stop and immediately the room is silent. I turn my attention towards Olivia and she squirms in her seat from my gaze and the authority in my tone.

"What is the problem?" I ask her calmly.