Trust

Luca

Olivia is delusional if she thinks that she can save me. Save me from what? Myself? Probably. But am I even worth saving? No. I've done horrible things without even thinking twice about it and yet she still thinks she can, so if she wants to try then so be it she will only end up disappointed in the end.

This girl will be the sole reason for my destruction. If it wasn't hard enough to put distance between us before it certainly was now. No matter what I do I can't stay away and honestly I don't even want to anymore.

She got me to allow her to go out on business with me, something I've never let someone do other then my men. Was it stupid of me? Abso-fucking-lutely. Her damn big brown eyes and her bottom lip poking out begging me made it too hard to say no to.

"Were you scared of me?" I ask stepping away from her referring to what happened at Arthur Kingston's house. I showed her a tiny sliver of the monster I'm known to be. I was nice compared to how bad it can be. Her chest was rising and falling heavily.

"You were terrifying...but I'm not scared of you Luca." She pants grabbing the side of my desk to sturdy herself up.

"Why not?" I arch an eyebrow at her and she shrugs.

"Because I know you won't hurt me." She answers and she's absolutely right. I would never hurt her. Just the thought of her hurt makes my chest tighten. I don't know how or why but this girl climbed under my skin and made a warm gooey spot inside of my chest, next to my heart, but only for her.

"You're making it so hard to keep my distance from you." I sigh rubbing the back of my neck.

"Why are you always pushing me away?" She asks sadly as she jumps off of my desk.

"Olivia I care about you. I want more for you than this lifestyle. It's dangerous and risky. Whenever you are with me you'll always be in danger and the logical side of my brain tells me to make you go home to be normal, find someone to fall in love with get married and have kids with but the selfish part of me, the stronger part tells me to keep you here and accept whatever you will give me." I admit. If she wants me to be real with her then so be it. I'm not even sure she can handle it.

"I'd rather be down here with you than anywhere else. Bad things can happen to me no matter where I am. We live in New York City, bad shit happens all the time. At least when I'm here with you, you can keep me safe. Protect me." She bats her long eyelashes, she struck a nerve because I would protect her until the day I die no matter if she's here or not. I would always see to it that she is safe because the thought of something happening to her is too much to bare.

"You trust me?" I lift an eyebrow at her and she starts nodding her head so fast I thought her neck was going to snap.

"With my life."

"You stupid stupid girl." I shake my head in disbelief and close the distance between us and put my hands on each side of her face cupping her cheeks stroking my thumbs over the creamy flesh. My heart violently crashing against my ribs beating twice it's usual rate, all for her.

"I do trust you. If that makes me crazy then so be it. I know you won't hurt me Luca but you want to know something else?" She asks looking into my eyes as if she is searching for something, my hands still on each side of her face holding her there.

"What's that?" I ask slowly my voice just above a whisper the closeness between us was affecting me just as much as it was affecting her.

"I would never hurt you either Luca." She begs me to believe her with her brown orbs and I know deep down that she means every single word.