Dr. Luca

Luca

I watched her fall onto the pile of broken glass so I jumped up to help her. My need to protect her was overwhelming.

"Olivia are you alright?" I asked worriedly.

"Yeah." She whispered and tried to get up but I stuck my hands out and gently wrapped my hands around her wrists and pulled her up easily until she was on her feet.

"You're bleeding." I frowned as blood poured from a gash on her palm and worry filled my veins.

"It's okay, I'll go clean it up. I'll be right back." She tried pulling her hand away from me but I gripped her tighter not letting her move far. I didn't say anything else I just started walking pulling her with me. I ignored everyone's questioning eyes, I could practically read their minds wondering what I was doing leaving the room with the new girl in tow but it was none of their business what I do, or with who.

I pulled her into the kitchen and went to the first aid cabinet and grabbed peroxide, Neosporin, and a bandaid before I went to the sink pulling her with me the sound of her heels clinking across the tile floor around us.

"Let me." My voice came out husky from our skin touching and tingles spread throughout my body like wildfire. I was asking if she was okay with me caring for her without really asking and she simply nodded. I turned on the cold water and gently put her hand underneath letting the blood wash away from the wound which is deeper than I thought. Olivia let out a loud gasp when the cold water collided with her palm and I felt her body tense under my touch.

"Does it hurt?" I mumbled frowning.

"Yeah but I'll live." My heart clenched at her words. I shouldn't care if she's hurt or whether or not she is okay but this girl, this stubborn girl is crawling under my skin little by little.

I shut the water off and grabbed a clean rag from one of the drawers and put pressure on the palm of her hand before I removed it to see how much it was bleeding. It's wider than it is deep so thankfully she doesn't need stitches.

I put Neosporin on the tip of my finger before I carefully started to rub my finger across her wound and then topped it with a bandaid.

"Thank you." She breathed out like she was running out of air. Her eyes wild and full of emotion, I imagine my eyes mirrored hers. I have to get this girl out of my mind. Fast.