Family Dinner

Olivia

A month has come and gone since I've been staying at Lucas headquarters. A month since I've been outside in the sunlight. A month since I've seen my family but not seeing them was my own doing. I'm not exactly sure why but I wasn't ready to face them. I think because I'm scared to pry information from my dad and uncle for Luca. I had somewhat gotten closer to Luca well not close but we were at least civil to one another.

When he found out one of his men has been grabbing me and asking me for sex he was fucking pissed. He comes to the casino early and stays late until I leave, he is there all day. I feel his eyes follow my every move but he doesn't say anything. His touch when he was rubbing my cheeks ignited my whole body just from one simple touch. Was he affected by me as much as I am him? Probably not. Would I ever admit that I'm affected by him? Definitely not. Well at least not to him.

I have tried to remind myself that he is a monster, that I don't know everything he has done and is capable of doing so I shouldn't want him to touch me but I do. I don't know where the switch from me hating him and wanting him to touch me flipped but it was on full force. I blame it on Stockholm syndrome. You know where the kidnapped girl gets feelings for her abductor? I wouldn't exactly say I have feelings for Luca but I wouldn't say I don't either. So here I am sitting in a torn medium where I will happily stay until I get to leave this shit hole and things can go back to normal. That is if normal even exists anymore.

"You ready? It's time to go."' Pierre knocked on my door letting me know we had to leave so I could make family dinner on time. I was nervous and excited to see my family. Even though I was ready to see them I missed them all like crazy.

"Yep! I'm coming!" I grabbed my phone and slipped into a pair of rose gold strappy sandals along with my white button up shorts and coral colored off the shoulder top. I left my brown hair in its natural waves and decided this was as good as it is going to get.

I opened the door to mine and Lucy's room and came out closing it behind me. She was already at work in the casino. Pierre nodded once and then turned on his heel and led me out to the parking garage. He's not as mad at me as he was a few weeks ago but we are making some progress but he hates his new job and still blames me for it. Which technically it is my fault. I make a mental note to talk to Luca about that. He shouldn't be punished for my wrong doing. So maybe if I get him his old job back maybe he will forgive me all together.

He opened the back door to the suv and waited for me to climb inside. When I got inside I noticed Luca was sitting casually on one of the seats. Instead of his perfectly fitted suit he had on dark wash jeans and his signature white button up shirt rolled up to his elbows. He looked so normal and casual yet effortlessly breathtaking at the same time. His dark brown hair wet from taking a shower and when I walked passed him in the car to sit down I almost moaned at how good he smelt. A delicious combination of woodsy cologne, so wild yet so him. I sat a few feet away from him and Pierre climbed inside shut the door and sat across from us and Luca knocked on the roof of the car before Franco started to drive.

"So what is the plan?" I asked breaking the awkward silence that had settled in. When I got in the car Luca made brief eye contact with me before he turned his attention away from me. He was avoiding me, he made it pretty obvious but I couldn't tell why. I shouldn't care either but I do.

"We are going to drop you off at the apartment to pick up your car. You will drive to your dads house for family dinner and then afterwards you will meet us back at the apartment." Luca answered finally looking at me again.

"Okay. What will you be doing while I'm gone?" I asked curiously surely he wouldn't sit around and wait for me but then again maybe he would.

"Not that it's any of your business but I am having dinner with my mother." Lucas voice hardened and he turned away. His tone was full of irritation and annoyance. He clearly didn't like people questioning him on what he is doing.