Aftermath

Olivia

When I wake up the next morning I'm tangled in with limbs from a hot body. I try moving but I'm pulled closer into a hard chest before I could move.

"Where do you think you're going?" Lucas sleep filled voice sounded against the crook of my neck sending shivers down my spine. Being this close to him wrapped up together in his bed felt right but wrong at the same time.

"I have to pee..." Instantly he releases his grip on me and I bolt out of bed and into the bathroom. I do my business and wash my hands. Events from last night come flooding back at warp speed and I feel the air from my lungs sucked out of me. When I close my eyes all I see is Phillip. The sick look in his eyes while he touched me, the way he smirked thinking I enjoyed every little bit of his torture, the way the blood poured out of his mouth as he took his last breath. A sob escaped my mouth as I backed against the wall and collapsed onto the ground pulling me knees up to my chest.

"Liv are you alright?" Luca asked from the other side of the bathroom door but I don't answer. I try to calm myself down long enough to answer but it's no use because in seconds the bathroom door is yanked open slamming against the wall from its impact no doubt almost splitting it in two. Luca rushes over to my side and crouches down in front of me.

"Jesus you're shaking." He whispers and frowns looking me up and down before standing and pulling me to my feet. I know I shouldn't be this upset but I am and I don't know how to deal with it.

Luca walked back into his room dragging me with him. He sat on his bed and pulled me into his lap rubbing up and down my back.

"I don't know how to deal with this Luca." I whispered after a few minutes and I finally stop crying. I didn't even know where to start or even how to start...

"I'm sorry for doing that in front of you. I shouldn't have but walking up and seeing him doing that to you, all I seen was red. I didn't even hesitate..." He admits honestly so calm, it was scary. This whole lifestyle is normal for him especially being the boss of it all but to me I don't think I'll ever get used to this. I don't think I want to even try.

"Do you want to go home?" He asks curiously and I quickly shake my head no. Going home wouldn't do anything for me. I'd still have to deal with what I saw and I wouldn't be with Luca, at least here he is here and that's reason enough to want to stay.

"We made a deal." Do I admit that I want to stay down here? Does that make me crazy? I miss my old life but would things ever be normal again? After everything I've seen I don't think normal even exists at this point.

"Liv I don't give a shit about that anymore." My eyes bugged up at him. Is he serious? That's the whole reason I am even here in the first place.

"What?"

"I want you to want to stay here, with me not feel obligated to. If you choose to go home I'll let you go." He nodded and I felt my heart melt a little bit. He is slowly opening up to me. I can tell there is a lot under the surface but the fact that he is trying is everything.

"I want to stay with you." I mumbled looking away. I felt foolish for admitting that out loud to him. We aren't a couple. We've kissed a few times but that's it. He has killed someone for me which should scare me but it doesn't. I've heard the rumors of who he is and what he has done. Would I be willing to overlook those things if it meant ever being with him?

"Does that make me crazy?" I ask making eye contact with him.

"No Liv it doesn't make you crazy." He smiles softly at me pulling me closer. Does he feel the draw to me the same way I feel it towards him? Like an electrical current hanging in the air that only stops humming when we touch? Does he get all warm and mushy around me like I do him?