Squared Away

Soooo what do you think? Olivia is a sassy little thing... and Mr. Marino is an asshole but at least he's hot right?
———————————

Luca

From across the parking lot I can see Olivia wiping tears that were streaming down her face leaving behind mascara streaks. Concern washes over me knowing I caused her this pain. It's not like seeing people cry is anything new to me but seeing her innocent eyes brimmed with tears tore at my ice cold heart. She wipes the remaining tears on her face before she drives off she flips me the finger which infuriates me and also amuses me at the same time.

I climb into the blacked out SUV letting Franco drive me towards the apartments, the nicest ones I own. Franco parks the car and I make my way inside.

"Mr. Marino, how are you?" Destiny the receptionist bats her fake lashes at me. The girl has clearly had several rounds of plastic surgery done, so much she looks like a doll.

"I'm good. What apartments do we have available? Preferably on the first floor." I strum my fingers along the lobby counter waiting for her answer.

"Uhm let me double check-" I roll my eyes at the fact that she doesn't know at the top of her head the available rooms, some receptionist she is. What's the deal with my employees? First Maria then Pierre then Olivia now Destiny.

"I have one but it's not available to move in until next Tuesday." She nods reading the screen double checking the tenant sheet.

"It needs to be available by the end of today. I have someone moving stuff in tomorrow." I arch an eyebrow and her eyes widen before she starts nodding her blonde curls bouncing quickly.

"Yes sir. I'll make it happen." Her blue eyes flicker with fear before she hands me a set of keys to room 13 before she picks up the phone to get the service team down to get the room ready.

"I've got Mr. Marino here, he said room 13 needs to be ready by the end of today. Thank you, I'll let him know." She hangs up the phone and perks her tits out making me frown at her eagerness for my attention. That is one trait I am not drawn to, it is a turn off nonetheless.

"James said the apartment will be ready by five this evening." She smiles brightly at me batting the false eyelashes at me that are planted on her eyelids. The amount of makeup on her face makes me turn up my nose in distaste.

"Thank you." I turn on my heel and leave before she can throw herself at me. I'm used to this, women flirting with me wanting a taste of being with a man with money, the bad guy that I am doesn't scare away all the ladies, it draws the rebellious ones in.

In the car I pull up my email and start to type an email to Olivia.

'Olivia,
The apartment has been serviced and is ready for your things. Meet me at The Marino Bellavista tomorrow morning at nine. Alone.

-Luca Marino

I strum my fingers along the screen of my phone and send the email letting her know to come alone. Part of me is glad she is agreeing to work with me even though I didn't give her much of an option and the other part of me feels guilty for making her do this in the first place. I don't like it, this guilty feeling I have it's oddly unsettling.

"Where to Mr. Marino?" Franco asks peering at me through the rear view mirror, the divider is down giving him the ability to see into the back seat.

"To Venus first, then the bunker." He briefly nods before he starts driving to Venus, a strip club I own.

Inside I talk to Giovanni, Gio. He is my bestfriend, more like a brother actually. His dad and my dad were best friends and started the family business that I now run. His dad was my dads right hand man so naturally Gio became mine. He is the only person on Gods green earth that I allow to give me shit and even that is pushing it.

"Yo Luca how's it going?" Gio arches an eyebrow before signaling a waitress to bring us two drinks with the top shelf liquor, smart man. I opened Venus but let him run it when he isn't at the bunker. The waitress Serenity brings us each glasses filled with the finest whiskey under this roof she winks playfully at me before she excuses herself.

"Fucked up." I mutter sipping liquor enjoying the bitterness laced with silk.

"Want to talk about it?" He treads lightly and I sigh exhaustedly. He is the only person I can talk about anything to and just be me.

So I do. I tell him start to finish the events from the past two days from my servers and the hotel account being hacked, to Olivia's family being the feds to offering her to cooperate with me.

"Wow, do you believe her? Do you trust her?" He lifts a questioning eyebrow at me before taking a sip of his own drink.

"I don't trust anyone except for you. So no. That's why I gave her the ultimatum in the first place. We have a rat or rats somewhere and I won't stand for that. I've busted my ass for this empire and I refuse to let some moles tear it down." My dad was a decent boss but he left kinks in the chain and I ironed them out, or so I thought.

"You've built the business into what it is. Face it your dad did okay at this but you, you're something else and it's fucking terrifying. I wouldn't want to be the dumbass to go against you that's for sure. If there's a mole I'll take care of it, for you." Knowing what he means, kill for me just another reason he is my brother not by blood but brother by choice.

"Thank you Gio."

"You need to relieve some of that stress, how about a dance from Serenity? She's on duty, I can have her sent up to the VIP suite." He winks and he is right I do need a release but not here. I don't mix business with pleasure, usually. I have in the past a few times and it always gets messy.

"I'll pass, thanks though. I've got to get to the bunker." I stand to my feet and adjust my suit smoothing out any wrinkles.

"Alright, I'll be there tonight after closing." He shakes my hand bidding me goodbye. Feeling some of the stress and tension I have, leave my body after venting to Gio I feel better but I'm gong to need more than just talking to him to help, I need a release.