Assisstant

Luca

"I ask you to be real with me and what do you do? You start sleeping with anyone with one of those purple brackets on! But you know what? That's fine maybe that's the real you. Who knows, I don't know you." Each of her words pierce through my heart. She was hurt which is exactly what I want. I want her to hate me. I want to be the monster she and everyone else thinks and knows me to be. When Franco told me Olivia was getting drunk I didn't picture this. Pierre was drunk too and he had the damn audacity to join her on the dance floor, to grind against her touching her in a way that made me see red but what can I do? Kill him? That would completely break her. They are sort of friends who fight more like siblings. Killing him is not an option because at the end of the day he is my damn friend too.

"Does my bedroom activities bother you Miss. Carrozza?" My tone comes out sour distant and harsh, good. That makes this easier.

"Not even a little bit." I hear her suck in a breath trying to stand up straight. She doesn't want to show weakness not to me and that impresses me, most people would have buckled under my hard gaze but not her.

"Because that's none of your business. Who I fuck....." I shoot back and she fumbles as if I punched her in the gut making my heart twist at the pain in her eyes. Keep going Luca...

"You're right it's none of my business. Go have fun with your companions and leave me to do the same. Maybe I'll put one of those pretty little purple bracelets on myself and have some real fun." She stands a foot taller and this time it's as if I was punched in the gut. Her words slice through me like a hot knife to butter. I'm speechless and shocked at the same time. She wouldn't really do that would she? I expected her to be crying or something anything but this and here she is standing up right hard and tall.

"Maybe you should." I mutter low and carelessly but even the thought of seeing her with the bracelet on is enough to drive me mad with no remorse.

"Hmm maybe one of these days I will." She shrugs and turns on her heel leaving the casino. She had the upper hand here. She was in control but I hope for her sake and everyone of my guys sakes that she is smart enough not to play with fire here. She knows I can't stand the thought of another mans hands on her which is why she will probably do it just to spite me but would she go as far as sleeping with someone? That thought has me storming off after her.

In the hallway I follow her closely she knows I'm behind her but she ignores me. I watch as she stumbles barefoot towards her room.

"Where are your shoes?" I question following behind her watching her feet with every step she took to make sure she didn't fall.

"I didn't wear any." She shrugs and continues to sway back and forth no doubt the alcohol working against her.

"I have a new job assignment for you." I mumble and instantly regret it.

"You do?" She stops and turns to face me curiosity floating in her eyes. Those brown beautiful orbs with a fire burning through them....

"Yes. I need a new assistant." She narrows her eyes at me wildly.

"I won't be your bitch Luca." She crosses her arms across her chest, her big perky tits threatening to come spilling out of the top of her shirt.

"I didn't say you would be. I need someone to help organize my finances last time I checked you had a degree in that am I right?" I arch an eyebrow at her and she nods answering me.

"Of course there is more to the job than just that. You would sit it on meetings, handle the books, pretty much whatever I need." I regret this instantly I'm supposed to be putting distance between us and it was working before tonight but when I walked in and seen her dancing with Pierre I knew I had to have her closer to keep an eye on her myself.

"So I would be your bitch! Thanks but no thanks." She snaps venomously.

"It wouldn't be like that. You'd be a very important asset to me. To my business." What I said was true. I needed someone to oversee the books since they usually get overlooked. I'm a very important man and own businesses up and down the East Coast. I have people who do this for me but it's not uncommon that people get sticky fingers ergo the hotel incident with Maria.

"I'll set you up a desk in my office. The pay is pretty damn good." I add and her ears perk up.

"Pay?" I simply nod.

"Okay I'll do it, on one condition." She counteracts and I have to say I'm impressed by her bluntness.

"What is it?" I arch an eyebrow at her questionably. What could she possibly want?

"You give Pierre his job back. He is far too good to be scooping up dog shit Luca." Really? That's what she wants? Why would she care what job I have given him? Does she care about him? As more than a friend? I almost chuckle at how pathetic my subconscious is.

"He is just a friend. Not that it's any of your business." I feel myself let out a relieved breath. She's right it is none of my business but given how I've been acting the past two weeks her condition isn't much to ask for.

"Consider it done." I wave my hand in the air dismissively and she nods once before turning around and starts walking away from me.

"You start tomorrow, be in my office at eight am sharp. I don't tolerate tardiness." I know it's a dick move since it's almost three am and she's plastered drunk but I'll consider this her punishment for grinding on Pierre.

"Our office." She corrects me before slipping into her room shutting the door behind her. This girl will single handedly be the death of me. My plan to put distance between us went to shit. My sleeping with different girls plan hurt her but it didn't change anything between us. I still want her. I'm so fucked...