My Little Badass

Luca

Olivia has shocked me on new levels today. I watched her shoot three of Joseph's men and be completely unfazed by it. She did it so gracefully even if her aim was shit she still amazed me. I watched her untie the women from the ceiling muttering soothing words to them getting to know them and even took the shirt off of her back to help them. She was hell bent on helping these women...people she didn't know from Adam yet wanted to help them anyway.

When she tried to storm out of the room to find their brother I had to yank her back to reality. She was running off of adrenaline and anger but I don't know this bunker. I can't have her running the show because she doesn't know what she is walking in to. She may be strong and brave but given her reaction when coming into this room facing Joseph head on will catch her off guard and get her killed.

Anger and hurt filled her eyes when I told her not to be stupid but I had to bring her back to reality somehow. I can't think straight when she is here. I shouldn't be putting her in danger like this but I'm selfish and want her with me. I can't stay away from her and honestly I'm done trying. I openly called her my girlfriend in front of my men and strangers. Everyone knows we are together she shares my bed every night something I've never done before.... with her I've done a lot of things I never thought I would, never had the want to do.

Her eyes lit up when I said she was my girlfriend and I felt my own heart puddle in my chest. This girl is going to be my downfall....

I am furious with her behavior today even though I'm proud of her too. I looked around the room before we left one of the three men was dead but the other two cuddled in the corner needing their wounds tended too. They surrendered after Olivia shot them and haven't made a move since. My little badass...

"We need to get moving, we've wasted enough time in here. They know we are here by now..." My voice treads off knowing that we need to get a move on it we've already lost the element of surprise so there's no need to delay it any longer.

"Where the fuck is Joseph?" I snap feeling anger take over every fiber of my being. I turn towards the two men cuddled up in the corner trembling in fear. Ironic since just minutes ago they were attacking and assaulting the two women who were now clinging to Olivia like a life raft.

"H-he's not here!" The shorter stocky one stutters making me shake my head at him, such a pathetic piece of shit.

"Then where is he?" I demand growing impatient. This revenge has been driving me for twelve years, it's long overdue. Joseph can't run forever eventually his luck will run out.

"We don't know he doesn't tell us shit! Look we can give you their brother but that's the best we can do." He sighs before pushing himself off the ground limping on the leg that Olivia didn't shoot.

"I'll be the judge of that. Their brother, now." I snapped my finger and the guy widened his eyes before nodding violently. The tall slinky man followed hot on his friends heels limping on one ankle. I push down the pride I feel knowing Olivia is capable of pulling a trigger. I know she's been taught to shoot and to defend herself knowing that eases my mind slightly but I'll never stop protecting her, she's far too special.

"I'm Thomas and this is Reggie." The stocky one introduces them but I don't say anything because I don't give a shit who they are. 

"This way." Thomas leads us out of the room leaving behind trails of blood but I pay it no attention. Olivia follows close behind me and the girls on each side of her holding on to her for dear life. What am I supposed to do with them? Why are they here in the first place? Who are they? Olivia isn't going to let me leave them here that much I know for sure but what am I supposed to do with them?

Down at the end of this never ending hallway is a vault concrete door. Reggie quickly strums his fingers across the keypad and seconds later the door unseals and slides open. There are cells lined up and down each side of the wall. Thomas grabs a set of keys from his pocket and unlocks one of the cell doors.

"Leo?" Rebecca asks concerned but doesn't move from behind Olivia who notices how nervous and scared she is.

"I'll get him, stay right here." Olivia grabs her hand and squeezes it gently before she releases her and walks into the open cell.

"Hey buddy, I heard your name is Leo. I'm Olivia, Phoebe and Rebecca are right outside the door. What's your favorite kind of animal?"  I hear Olivia ask once she disappears into the cell.

"Giraffes." His voice is so small he can't be more than five or six years old.

"Really?! I'm more of a dog person but hey giraffes are....tall. Are you ready to get out of here?" Olivia asks calmly, her patience is admirable, a trait I don't have, not even when it comes to her, the person I care about most in this world.

"Yeah can we go to the zoo?" Leo asks with hope in his voice even sounded excited too.

"We will see buddy. There's a bunch of guys outside this door okay? They won't hurt you, I'll be right beside you and so will your big sisters." Olivia tried to pacify the boy who starts panicking.

"No! No! I'm scared...." Leo starts crying.

"Can you carry me?" He croaks out after a few more minutes pass by. I'm ready to step in there and tell the boy to wipe them tears and move them feet but I can't.

"Of course. Come here." Seconds later Olivia exits the cell with a brown haired brown eyed boy clinging to her for dear life tears streaming down his face silently.

"What else is down here?" I ask ready to get the hell out of here.

"This is pretty much it, it's just an off grounds holding cell." Thomas sighed, if this guy worked for me he'd be dead by now. He talks to much and clearly has no loyalty, just blabbing away.

"Where are the main headquarters?" I ask realizing that this was a bust and that saving these people is the best that's going to happen here today.

"Now that I don't know. He keeps everything so hush hush." He looked almost scared to admit it

"Tell Joseph I'm looking for him, his time running is up."

"Will do sir. One more thing you should know that taking them with you.... you put a huge target on your back." I rolled my eyes he gulped in fear. Is this serious? There is always a target on my back... I say nothing. I'm not scared of anyone or anything.

Before finally leaving I did a final sweep of the grounds and sure enough there wasn't much else there. Just random items that had been stolen and a few men they held prisoned. Thomas and Reggie were the only two men here so clearly whatever is down here isn't worth protecting since it's so light on security.

"Let's clear out!" I whistle rounding up my crew before we climb up the stairs and back outside the whole time I steel glances at Olivia who is still holding Leo with Phoebe and Rebecca on each side of her. She shocked me on all levels today and I couldn't be more proud of my little badass....