Giving In

Olivia

The next morning I wake up and stand from my bed my limbs stiff making cracking and popping noises. This bed is so uncomfortable I wake up and my whole body aches. I change into a pair of dark wash jeans with holes on the thighs and knees and slip into a maroon college T-shirt and a pair of maroon converse, something casual and comfortable. I don't have the energy to put much effort into my appearance today. I left my hair in its natural curly waves and rub on some deodorant and a few spritz of perfume. I grab my phone and make my way down to Lucas office.

I walk in and sit down at my desk and pull out a binder from twelve years ago. Luca told me he wants everything in order so I'm going all the way back to the beginning and I'll organize it from there.

"Good morning Olivia." Luca strolls in about fifteen minutes later looking mouthwatering in his usual suit.

"Good morning Luca." I mumble barely looking up from the binder in front of me. He sits a steaming hot cup of coffee on my desk and I grab it sipping on its coffee bean goodness letting it take over my soul.

"Thank you!" I gush moaning in delight once the taste of caffeine hits my taste buds.

"You okay?" He asks curiously eyeing me with an arched eyebrow.

"Yeah I'm fine just haven't been sleeping very well that's all." I sit the mug back down and start going over the books again.

"Why not?" He asks closing the distance between his side of the office and mine.

"I don't know." I shrug before taking another drink of my coffee.

"Olivia." His voice shows me he won't stop until I give him an honest answer but unfortunately for him I don't have one.

"The bed is just- hard that's all." I look up at him my heart beating faster instantly. His eyes full of concern and worry.

"Want me to get you a new one?" He asks and I I know if I said yes he would no doubt have me a new bed in no time.

"No that's not necessary Luca. I won't be in there forever it's pointless for you to get me a new bed." My heart aches when I say I won't in there forever. Though it's true I can't imagine leaving him.

"I just mean in that room. I won't be in there forever." I add and he nods stepping away from my desk. Was he upset? Why?

"Do you want to leave Olivia?" He asks his voice hard and I gulp and shake my head no.

"No! I just mean- nevermind." Am I stupid for assuming that we'd ever be- what a couple? Sleep in the same bed? I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to but if I tell him that he will flip out.

"What do you need me to do? Do you want to switch rooms?" No! Well yes.

"Having a room to myself would be nice but that's not necessary plus I like rooming with Lucy. I can tough it out." I shrug but he doesn't seem satisfied with my answer.

"I don't want you sleeping restlessly Liv. If you want I can have a room ready for you, one that will be just yours and I'll make sure the bed is suitable for you. I want you comfortable." My heart melted into a gooey puddle knowing his was this concerned.

"I don't want to cause problems Luca, it's not a big deal." My eyes land on his and he narrows his eyes at me warningly.

"It's not a problem at all. Consider it done." He smiles a boyish grin, one so contagious that I can't help but smile too.

"What about Lucy?" I ask. How will she react to me leaving our room? She was fine before me but we've gotten close and it's nice to have someone to talk to. It's not like I won't see her she will just be down the hall.

"She will stay where she is at. I'm not worried about her. I'm worried about you and only you." My heart flips I literally feel it inside of my chest.

"Thank you." My heart was stammering inside of my chest. This is not what I expected. I never expected him to care so much for my well being and yet he seems to.

"Don't thank me Olivia. At this point I don't think there is a thing I wouldn't do for you." He whispers and for once I'm thankful that I am sitting down because I'd collapse. I see the fear in his eyes, I recognize it because I feel the same fear down to my core. I want to say something but I can't form the words my brain had literally turned to mush.

"I just want you to be happy." He adds and as crazy as it seems I am happier than I've ever been, because of him.

"I am happy." I admit and his eyes burn making me squirm in my seat. I wanted to wrap my arms around his neck and never peel myself from him.

"You have family dinner tonight." He turns on his heel walking towards his desk.

"I know." I nod inhaling and exhaling trying to calm myself down.

"Your cousin is going to have questions."

"About what?" I ask slowly turning my head to the side.

"Me." I sigh realizing he is right. My cousin is one nosy kid and with the way Luca shielded me from him at the store definitely caused suspicions.

"I know." I admit picking at my nails nervously as if they are the most fascinating thing in the world. I've been down in this bunker for two months and things have been so back and forth and I can't seem to get off of this rollercoaster. I went from hating him to caring about him in the blink of eye. I tried fighting it but that made it harder.

"What are you going to say?" He is calm and collected meanwhile I am fraying at the seams. What do I say? What can I say? Things between Luca and I aren't easily put into words.

"What should I say?"

"Whatever you want." Luca takes a seat at his desk but keeps his attention on me both of us staring at one another from across the room.

"How am I supposed to answer questions when I don't even know the answers to them myself? We aren't a couple but we are more than friends? Right?" A blush creeps on my cheeks and Luca smirks catching my embarrassment.

"We were never friends Olivia." His velvety voice makes my blush deepen.

"Then what?" I shot back and a full blown smile etches on his face, he is enjoying watching me suffer, asshole.

"Would you like to have dinner with me? Like a date." His cheeks turn a faint shade of pink. He's nervous and it is adorable but if I tease him about it he may change his mind and if I said I didn't want to go well I'd be lying.

"You really mean that? If you're messing with me that's not funny-" I point my index finger at him warning him. If he is just asking me to get a rise out of me I'd lose my damn mind.

"I mean it Olivia. It's hard as hell to stay away from you so why don't we try giving in instead?"