Long Shift

Olivia

The whole time Luca was cleaning and dressing the cut on my hand I couldn't breathe. His touch so soft and gentle yet needing at the same time it spread and caused a fire in my chest. I should hate this man and part me does but then when he is so gentle like this it makes it harder to hold a grudge against him but I will not deny that I like him touching me even if I should.

Luca left the kitchen so I took a few minutes to recollect myself and to help my breathing regulate. Being close like that, him touching me clouds my judgment. His scent... his touch... it's overwhelming.

"Are you alright Olivia?" Lucy rushed into the kitchen and sat her tray on the counter before coming up to me to examine my now covered wound. I was okay honestly it was not even a big deal. Sure it hurts like a bitch but it will heal. I will be okay.

"Yeah it is just a little cut." I grabbed a new tray and sat a few glasses on it before grabbing a bottle of scotch filling each of them.

"Mr. Marino is out there sweeping up the mess. I didn't picture him cleaning and Franco even offered to clean it but Mr. Marino was not having it. What happened in here with you two?" She asked concerned and I felt the need to keep it private especially since Luca is a private person and honestly I wasn't even sure how I would tell her that he cleaned my hand and doctored it up and then rubbed my hand for what felt like hours but was only seconds maybe a minute tops? It was too intimate of a moment to share. One I'd like to keep just between him and I.

"He just showed me where the first aid stuff is and told me to be careful and not to spill his liquor." I shrugged trying to make it sound like nothing happened because realistically nothing did happen. I know I was lying to her but it's not like she will ever know what really happened in here because even though it was a sweet thing for him to do it meant nothing.

"Francos table needs drinks, do you think you can take it over for me?" She asked with a sad look in her eyes and I didn't want to pry so I simply just nodded and carried the tray through the swinging door and made my way to where Franco was sitting. At his table was Pierre who I haven't seen all day. I haven't seen him since he stomped away yesterday.

I walked up to the table and carefully sat the tray down and started to sit new drinks in front of them and the other guys I didn't know before picking up their old glasses.

"I'm Olivia, Lucy asked me to take over this table so if you need anything please let me know." I smiled kindly trying to be as nice as I can.

"Thank you Olivia." Franco nodded once before picking up his glass and taking a drink. The other two guys Robert and Frank stared me up and down which made me uncomfortable but I guess that is just the price you pay working down here. You get looked at like a piece of meat. Maybe that is why Lucy didn't want to serve this table. I doubt it is because of Franco, he is easily fifteen years older than her and is strictly business. He hasn't even tried to check me out, he keeps his eyes on mine the whole time he speaks to me. Completely professional.

I picked up the serving tray and made my way back to the kitchen but stopped where Luca was cleaning the glass of the mess that I made. It made my heart stir watching him bend down and pick up the big chunks of glass. I sat the tray down on an empty table and walked across the room and grabbed a trash can and carried it to where he was standing.

I bent down and started to help him but neither of us said a word for a few seconds we just worked side by side. After I placed the big chunks into the garbage I grabbed the broom from where it was resting against the back of a chair and started to sweep but Lucas strong hand went on top of mine making me gasp but he carefully pulled the broom from my hands and started to sweep. The intense look in his eyes while he searched mine like he was looking for something hard, made my stomach do flips. I grabbed the dust pan and crouched down and looked up at him and as if he read what I was gesturing he started to sweep the glass into the dust pan I was holding.

"Thank you Olivia." He whispered as he swept up the last of the glass. I grabbed a rag off of the table and wiped up the alcohol that had spilled on the floor.

"You're welcome Luca." My voice just as quiet as his, as if we both didn't want anyone else to hear us. Like it was just him and I in here. Thankfully everyone or mostly everyone was so wrapped up in their games and the women grinding in their laps to pay us an ounce of attention. I pulled the trash can back to where it was and then grabbed the rags and tray of dirty glasses and went to the kitchen to get more drinks. So far this job is easy, repetitive but easy. No one has asked for any food or needed anything except drinks. By the end of the night my feet were throbbing. I'm used to wearing high heels but usually I sit in them at the lobby desk and take them off under the desk but going back and forth from the casino to the kitchen and around the game room my feet were screaming to be free.

It was well after two o'clock in the morning and I was exhausted. Most everyone had already left to their rooms for the night including Luca. Only a few men remained deep in conversation.

"I'm about to clean up for the night do you guys need anything else?" I asked a table of guys I haven't had the chance to meet. Most of the girls had left too. It was only Lucy, Rita, and myself. I wanted to sneak off to my room earlier but I am too damn nice and agreed to work the closing shift since I am new but now I was regretting it.

"Oh no darling we are good. How about a little company?" One of the guys let his eyes rake over my body before going back and forth looking at my wrists no doubt looking for the purple glow in the dark bracelet that lets him know I was a purple girl but I wasn't and never would be. I will serve drinks all day and all night and wear the damn lingerie without complaining before I agree to sleep with any of these guys. Most of which are nicer than they look but that may just be the alcohol who knows. The more time that went by the more comfortable I felt in the game room as I got to know a little about some of the guys catching bits and pieces of the conversations when I was bringing out drinks.

"I am not a purple girl, you won't get any company from me pal." I grabbed the empty glasses from the table and wiped a rag across the top to clean the crumbs and rings from the sweaty glasses.

"A man can dream can't he? A woman such as yourself looks like she is in need of a good time. Let me show you one." His voice was growing darker along with his eyes. The other man at the table looked almost as uncomfortable as I was.

"Phillip she doesn't have the bracelet on. Leave the girl alone." Tonys voice was warning and I was thankful that he came to my rescue because if this guy gets handsy I don't know what I will do.

"Relax Tony I ain't going to touch her...well not unless she wants me to. You want me to touch you don't you baby?" Phillip laughed but it was laced with a darkness and I immediately got bad vibes from him. He is a big guy, at least a foot and maybe even a half taller than I am. His hair blacker than the night sky with eyes to match. When he looks at me it makes me squirm and not in a good way but in a I am about to piss my pants kind of way.

"Leave her alone." Tony snapped and narrowed his eyes at the man he was just laughing with just minutes ago. Tonys appearance is much softer standing only half a foot taller than I am with dark brown hair and light brown eyes and a kind smile.

"If you change your mind, come find me." Phillip stood from his chair and closed the distance between us. I immediately took a few more steps back trying to put as much distance between us as I can. He stalked past me mumbling incoherent slurs before leaving the room altogether.

"Don't mind him. He gets a little perverted when he drinks and a little lonely." Tony smiled sadly at me. If he was expecting me to say that it is okay then he will be disappointed because I won't.

"Is he going to be a problem? Does he do this everyday?" I ask curiously because if being harassed to sleep with someone comes with the job then I will march my ass to Lucas room wherever the hell it is and bang on the door and demand a new job right now.

"Nah not always. Just when he is looking for some ass. You are new here so you're like a shiny new toy and since he can't have you that makes him want you even more. I will keep an eye on him." That didn't help ease my mind at all but it's been a long day so I decided to chalk it up to Phillip being drunk and finish cleaning up for the night.

By the time I reach my room I collapse on my bed and kick off my heels not even bothering to change into pajamas or anything. I felt my eyelids start to droop and I let sleep overtake me happily so I don't have to think about the long shift I had in the game room. Or Phillip. Or even Luca and our moment we shared...