Questions

Olivia

Back at the bunker I am pacing back and forth in Lucas office probably leaving a rut behind. He is sitting at his desk watching me but says nothing. I'm trying to gather up enough strength to ask questions. Questions I need and want the answer to but I'm afraid to know the answers. So pacing the floor until I can gut up the strength to ask is what I will do.

It's been thrifty minutes at least and Luca is thankfully being patient enough not to demand me to speak.

"I have questions-" I stop and look at him and his eyes soften before he simply nods.

"I know." His voice calm as he sighs watching as I start pacing back and forth again.

"Would you really hurt Carrie and her baby?" I ask ripping the bandaid off.

"Not unless I absolutely have to. No." I felt myself let out a breath I didn't realize I was holding.

"Have you ever hurt a woman or a child before?" I ask stopping in my tracks my heart scared to know the answer to the question I just asked. I don't think I'd be able to think of him the same way if he has.

"No." I let out another breath and start pacing again.

"You don't allow drugs to be distributed?" I ask tilting my head to the side in confusion.

"No."

"But you dispute them?" I ask curiously.

"No."

"But I've heard-" I start to tell him and he holds his hand up for me to stop.

"Don't believe everything you've heard about me. You want to know things ask but don't just assume everything you've heard is true." He sighs in frustration. Fair enough. People talk and things get exaggerated and twisted that's just apart of gossip.

"Right, okay." Well now I have even more questions.

"So no drugs whatsoever got it. Do you dispute guns?" I ask plopping myself down in the chair in front of his desk lifting my feet up resting them on his desk crossing one of my ankles over the other. He looks at my feet then back up to me lifting a questioning brow but I shrug not moving them.

"No."

"Then what?" I ask arching an eyebrow at him.

"I don't dispute anything. I own business that's all." He waves his hand dismissively. That's all?

"But you are part of the mafia, how does no drugs and guns come into that?" I ask confused.

"We use guns yes, sell them no." I nod understanding and move on.

"Do you do anything illegal?" I ask already knowing the answer.

"I run an underground casino. I've killed more people than I can count on my fingers. I don't sell drugs or guns. So yes." He clarifies.

"So why does everyone assume you're a bad guy?" I ask lifting my eyebrows up at him.

"Because I am. Everyone thinks I'm the devil." His eyes dancing with so many emotions.

"I don't." I admit honestly and his eyes soften tremendously. I think the world of the devil sitting in front of me.

"That's why I think you're insane Miss. Carrozza. What does an angel like you see in a devil in me?" He asks his lips lifting into a soft smile.

"Redemption."

"I assure you, there's nothing left of me to save."

"See that's where I think you're wrong." I cross my arms over my chest.

"Why is that?" He stands up from his desk and struts around his desk and turns my chair to the side making my feet drop to the floor. He leans down placing his hands on the arm rests inching his face closer to mine.

"Because I see through you. Underneath your hard exterior is a man that has been through more shit than someone should ever have to. Someone who despite the shit hand he was dealt has a heart, though it might be ice cold and frozen I've seen it melt. I know you feel like you don't deserve to be happy or to know what love is so you shut women out but I know that there's a man worth saving underneath it all." My breath hitches in my throat when he inches even closer to my face until our lips were just hairs apart. I lean forward brushing mine against his. He wastes no time wrapping his arms around my waist and I wrap my legs around his. He lifts me up and turns sitting me on his desk. His tongue darts into my mouth sliding it around my tongue. Our tongues dance together as he deepens the kiss even further.

"And you think you're the angel who can save the devil?" He pulls away resting his forehead on mine. His eyes dark with lust and unreadable emotions.

"I know I can." I nod panting for air. Saving him from himself is something I'll do even if it's the last thing I do.