Underground

GOOD MORNING!! How are you guys doing today? I hope this update makes it that much better! Thank you for all of your love, support, and positivity on this story! I am so overwhelmed in the best way! Please stay tuned things are about to get good!
———————————————-

Olivia

The entire car ride I'm a nervous wreck. Why do I keep putting myself in this situation? Luca told me to stay at the bunker but I insisted on coming along. This is not my business or my fight and yet here I am, simply because I'd rather be here with him than at the bunker worrying about where he is and if he is okay or not.

Luca told me everything about The Bononos, another one of the four families. Joseph is the head. He is the man who shot and killed Lucas father in cold blood all those years ago, He orchestrated Lucy's husband and her daughters car crash killing them both. To say there is bad blood between the two men is an understatement. I couldn't shake the bad nagging feeling that had crept inside my gut.

This is far more than a gang slinging drugs on his turf this is all about revenge. He felt the blame for his fathers death which is not his fault but I know he blames himself everyday for what happened. He wants revenge, for Joseph to pay for what he did.

The car came to a complete stop and I felt my heart sink with fear. One by one we piled out of the suv. I glance around taking in my surroundings we were in the country there wasn't anything for miles and miles as far as I could see except for trees, huge trees filled of full green leaves and dirt thicker than clay. There's no buildings, no houses, nothing. Where in the hell are we?

I was about to ask where we were even though I'm not supposed to ask questions but the sound of laughter stopped me followed by an ear piercing scream and more laughter and then even more screaming.

"Underground." Luca snapped pointing to where the noises were coming from. This isn't good. What's the deal with these mafia men and being underground? Invisibility...

Lucas men split up trying to find trap doors or levers, some kind of way in.

Franco put two fingers between his lips before letting out a whistle signaling he found something. A few feet into the woods there was a cellar door buried under some leaves. He crouched down and opened the door revealing a staircase. With every step down the stairs I felt my heart beat getting faster and faster so loud I could hear it thumping in my ears. It was hard to see and everything was slick with humidity. I wanted to grab on to Luca for support but I didn't want him to worry even more than he already was. Me being here puts him even more on edge and he is constantly worrying about me so if I act scared then he won't let me come anymore.

At the bottom of the stairs there is a long dark hallway followed by nothing but even more darkness. Where are Joseph's men? Where are the women who were screaming and the men who were laughing? As soon as I finished that thought another scream filled the air and I jumped out of my skin as goosebumps rolled over my skin covering every pore, it was a scream of pure agony and I felt it deep inside of me. I wanted to go to the car, to be away from this side of Lucas world, but I don't. I'm frozen in place unable to move.

Like a bloodhound Luca follows the scream yanking open a door revealing something that almost made me puke but definitely made me cry. All of Lucas men have their hands raised with guns in their hands pointed ready to shoot. I ignored the gun in my waistband, one he insisted I carry to protect myself if need be.

There were two women bound, hung, and naked but covered in blood hanging from the ceiling and there were men assaulting them and hitting them repeatedly. I couldn't hold in the loud gasp that escaped my lips or the tears that fell from my eyes. All I could think of was Phillip and how close I was to being put into the same situation. There were only three men so we easily outnumbered them. The girls looked at us begging for us to do something to help them, so I did without even thinking twice. I pulled my gun out cocked it and pulled the trigger three times shooting each of the men. One in the leg, one in his shoulder, and the other in his calf. Not my best aim but I wasn't aiming to kill so it will do.