New Job Take Two

Olivia

I wake up to the sound of my alarm screaming in my ear. The pounding in my head along with my phone angers me. I climb out of bed and look in the mirror on my dresser. My hair is in a birds nest, my face is pale, and I look like a zombie. I quickly brush through the mats in my hair before pulling it into a ponytail. I change into a pair of black ripped skinny jeans and a white sheer top with a black tank top underneath accompanied with a pair of black strapy sandals. I decide this is as good as it is going to get and grab my phone before walking down to the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth. I wish there was a bathroom in my room. I hate having to share with everyone. I hate that almost every time I come to the bathroom I have to see naked chicks changing clothes like this is a public gym or some shit.

I quickly brush my teeth and wash my face before I head to Lucas office. I don't why but I just open the door and walk in. He is sitting at his desk bright and early. When I enter he looks me up and down concern etched onto his face before he frowns.

"Sorry I didn't have much time to get ready." I mumble embarrassed. I know I looked awful but shit.

"You didn't sleep much." His tone worried and concerned which angered me.

"Way to kick a girl when she's down Marino." I nodded pulling my lips into a fine line.

"Why didn't you sleep Liv?" He asks leaning back in his chair studying me. My heart violently beating inside of my chest.

"I did sleep, just not much." I shrug trying to blow it off. It's already bad enough I got hammered last night thankfully I didn't do anything embarrassing.

"Pierre bring me some coffees with extra espresso." Luca presses the button on the intercom and I look at him in confusion.

"What are you doing?" I ask slowly. He gave Pierre a new job? Why?

"I told you from day one, I'm a man of my word Olivia. You wanted Pierre to have his job back so I gave it to him." He states matter of factly.

"But why?" I shoot back even more confused.

"Because you asked me to." He shrugs his eyes burning holes into mine almost making my knees buckle.

"I also recall asking you to be real with me but then you left and then started sleeping with everything with a pulse." I arch a brow and his breath hitches in his throat so loud I can hear it from where I'm standing.

"They didn't mean anything." He waves his hand as if were no big deal but to me it was.

"But yet you still did it. I know what you're trying to do Luca." I sigh and plop myself in one of the chairs across from his desk. I'm far too tired to stand.

"What is that?" He asks arching a brow at me curiosity pooling in his eyes.

"Hurt me. Make me not want you anymore. Show me the real monster behind the man." I'm calm, calmer than I should be. I know this is all an act to him. I've seen him genuine, the way he reacted when he seen Phillip touching me, the way he cared for me, the things he has said to me, and the kisses we shared just to name a few.

"Is it working?" He shoots back equally as calm.

"Nope." A knock on the door sounded before Luca signaled whoever it was to come in. The scent of caffeine fills my nose and I moan audibly.

"Thank you!" I groan eagerly taking one of the cups of coffee off of the tray Pierre was holding. He looked as dead as I do.

"You look like shit Olivia." Pierre smirks and I narrow my eyes at him playfully looking him up and down with at arched eyebrow. His suit is a little wrinkly and there are bags under his eyes from lack of sleep.

"The pot calls the kettle black." I take a sip of my coffee the hot coffee goodness instantly perks up my mood.

"Touché!" He smiles showing off his perfectly white teeth, his blue eyes dancing in amusement.

"I'll let you two get back to whatever it is you were doing. Ring me if you need me Boss." He nods once to Luca before leaving the office and us alone.

"Where's my desk?" I ask looking around.

"Being put together. It will be here by lunch."

"Can I decorate my half of the room?" I ask curiously and he tilts his head to the side sizing me up.

"Don't push it Olivia." I smile grateful, planning to do just that. I know it's wrong to push his buttons but it's just too much fun.

"I won't." I smile as sweetly as I can muster and as if he can see right through me his face flushes...