Chapter 1 : RubyJane

All love stories end on a happy note... well, almost. What if I told you that there were stories of dark love and not sentimental? What if I told you that the hero of the story is not a good person but the most selfish human being that can exist on this earth? Will you be ready to face another hidden reality of the world? Would you be able to give a second chance to a person who deliberately destroyed you? Do you think we can be all evil? Maybe deep down, we all have a dark side that we wish no one would discover, but does that make us monsters? But if one day we let ourselves be controlled by the inner demons, what would be the end of the story? 

RUBY JANE'S POV

Black, red, dark, pain, sadness, violence, brutal, spicy, hot are all sensations that I need to feel in my everyday life. You may think I had a hard childhood but on the contrary, I was born into a modest family with parents who were always attentive, I was always spoiled, I always had what I wanted, but there is one thing I am dying to taste... the sweet violence.

I find it exciting to have this dark side that I hide in me but there comes a day when I want to reveal myself who I am. If you think I'm a sadist, well, you're wrong about everything. I like it when it's rough without being so. Am I innocent? I think I am. Am I crazy? It is quite possible. Maybe you don't even understand me and I don't intend to explain myself because the feelings can't be explained but they can be experienced. Maybe you should stop asking yourself questions and complicate your life. Why don't you let it happen, let the evil invade you?

Sitting comfortably in my red suede sofa gently turning the pages of my book, I had a sudden urge to... have fun. I hadn't seen anyone for a while. I was getting a little boring in my life. Maybe I should get out of my huge apartment and find a new hobby, a new prey. But this time, I want it to be more complicated, more emotional, I want to experience things. Maybe you'd think why not call some friends and go shopping? To be honest, I don't think these are things I can do. Actually, I don't even have any friends and my parents are on the other side of the world.

But do I mind? No. 

I put my book in my library and took a few seconds to read the different titles in alphabetical order. A slight grin appeared on my lips as if I was admiring my trophies. I looked up to see the time and it had just been 8 pm, maybe I could go out tonight and if luck is with me, I would find what I was looking for.

After a hot shower and running the soap over my whole body, I wandered my hands between the different dresses carefully hung in my wardrobe. How did I feel tonight? I felt sexy and needed to attract attention but without being obvious. So I opted for black pants that highlight my shapes and a small lightweight top where you could have a view of my generous chest, and to end it all, I wore black heels. My makeup was light, which allowed me to wear my flashy red lipstick. 

The taxi dropped me off in front of a building where a long line was being made. What day were we? Saturday night? So it's not surprising that there are so many people, but good, maybe I'll have more choices. I immediately headed towards the bodyguard who let me in without delay. I often came here that the bodyguards and the owner knew me so well. The crowd was wild tonight, an atmosphere I hadn't seen in some time. I took a free seat and called the bartender.

"Viktor, give me a shot." 

"As you wish Jane!" I drank the shot and felt the liquid burning my throat. I looked around the room and a group of men and a woman caught my attention, "Vik, who are they?"

"I don't know, it's the first time I've seen them. But I heard they came to celebrate the woman's birthday. At first, I thought she was a man, especially the way she acts with her friends."