Chapter 6 : Uncertain

LISA'S POV

I took a deep breath in the car. I had already been trying to regain my senses for five minutes. I felt different emotions at the same time. I was angry at myself because I've just cheated on my wife. I was sad because Lia doesn't deserve that. I was excited because although it was bad, I enjoyed it. I was confused because how could I feel that way with someone else who wasn't my wife. I was still feeling the adrenaline flowing through my whole body, I could hear my heart beating in that deep silence. I felt the warmth emanating from my body. I could still feel her kisses settling all the way down my jaw. I'm going to go crazy, for real. 

I arrived home in a short time. After leaving Ruby Jane's apartment, it was as if I was full of energy again, and I needed to spend it. I walked on tiptoe and entered the room where I saw my wife sleeping peacefully on our mutual bed. I don't know if wearing a silk dress that made her especially attractive tonight or the fact that I'm on alcohol and I just had an intense session with Ruby Jane. I climbed on the bed and put a few kisses on my wife's neck. She groaned and turned to me when I hadn't stopped kissing her from her shoulder to her neck.

"Love... what are you doing?" her eyes were still half closed, she ran her fingers through my hair to caress me.

"Let's do it..." 

Tonight, I was in a state in which I didn't know how to identify myself. I felt like I was doing it with the wrong person, but when I think about her, I feel guilty because she's not the right person. Maybe I'm asking myself too many questions and I just wanted to do it with my wife, it's normal for a couple. But why then can't I get her out of my head? Was I no longer in love with Yaya? Was I looking for new experiences? Why Ruby Jane?

***

The twinkling lights went through the window, they gently caressed my eyes and I groaned when I felt a tingling sensation. I palpated the bed in search of a pillow that I took to protect my face. I took the blanket to cover my naked body because the cold was felt. I was consciously awake but my body was still asleep. So I could hear the birds singing and the neighbors wishing each other a happy Sunday. When I was able to take slowly control of my body, I removed the pillow and opened my eyes. I was greeted by my wife who was standing against the door. She was wearing a bathrobe that covered the silk dress I threw on the floor last night. She smirked at me and moved towards me before lying next to me in bed.

"Good morning."

"Hey, good morning to you too." 

"What happened yesterday night?" I froze to her question for a few seconds. She didn't know about Ruby Jane and she probably didn't know that I drove her to her apartment, that she was drunk and that we almost had sex. No, she probably doesn't know all that. She knows that I found a model for the project but she ignored that this girl was now close to me. I don't think it's worth telling her now, right? 

"What do you mean?" I carefully asked. It was possible that I could say things unconsciously under the influence of alcohol, but last night I hadn't been drinking that much.

"Nothing serious except that you wake me up at 2:00 in the morning to have sex. And what the hell were you wild last night, like you took vitamins." 

"Why? Can't I have intimate moments with my wife?" I placed my hand on her soft cheeks, she tilted her head to feel more my caresses. 

"Of course, you can! Actually, I feel relieved. It's true that we haven't had this kind of time together for a while since you opened your own studio. I thought your love for me had faded."

"I'm sorry if I made you feel like you're no longer important, but I promise I'll try to find time for you and Lia. Today, I don't work... maybe three of us could go to the park."