Chapter 27 : Back

LISA'S POV

"How good it feels to be back home!" I shouted as soon as I stepped into the house. I immediately dropped the bags and threw myself into the couch. I heard my wife giggling before heading for the kitchen. I was exhausted after this short trip. For the last two days, we have been working without stopping. The day before we left, Taeyang organized a celebration to thank us. I did my best to avoid looking at Ruby Jane and him when they were talking. Every time they laughed together, I had a hint of pain, yet I had no rights while I had my wife with me. I was trying to be as discreet as I could, especially after the night before. I was ashamed of my behavior but I swear I was unable to control myself. I've never been so angry, I was so hurt I got carried away. Anyway, sometimes we would glance at each other a few times but we would stay distant all evening.  

"Honey?"

"Yes?" she replied me from the kitchen. She was probably cooking food because Lia would soon be back from her stay in the forest with her grandfather.

"Would you like to go to the restaurant tonight? Just the two of us? I mean, it's been a long time since we've dated like before." if I suggested Yaya go out tonight, it's because I didn't only feel guilty about Ruby Jane but also about my wife. That night, I had to go back to the room to sleep next to her but I left her alone all night. When I gave her a lame excuse, she obviously didn't seem convinced, but she was quite sad. I can't stand to see her like this so I thought maybe I could make it up to her.

"What about Lia?" she came to the living room with the wet cloth in her hand. She was undoubtedly happy with my idea, but she remembered our daughter.

"I'll call Jisoo and Rosé to come stay with her, they're not working tonight. I'm sure she'll be happy to spend some time with her aunts. Plus, Lia would be happy to see her parents on date."

"Are you sure?" I got up from the couch to stand in front of her. I placed a finger under her chin and lifted it up. Every time I looked her in the eye, I was convinced that I was still in love with this girl but Ruby Jane made me so confused.

"Yes ma'am! Look, I'll take care of everything. You, you're just going to rest and be beautiful for tonight, okay?"

"All right." I took her in my arms and kissed her on the top of her head. I still felt as comfortable with her as ever. I loved her, yes, I still loved her, but then what do I feel for Ruby Jane?

"Hellooooo Manoban's family, we are here!!" Jisoo shouted at the entrance to the door. I was in my office upstairs while Yaya was getting ready.

"Hey Chu! Hey Chaeng!" I went down the stairs.

"What's going on today, unicorns are making their rounds? Is that why Lisa Manoban decided to do a tête-à-tête with her wife?"

"Shut up, Jisoo. I don't see how it's weird that I'm taking my wife out to dinner." I rolled my eyes and passed in front of them. I took the jar of water from the fridge in the kitchen and poured it into two glasses.

"Jisoo is right for once. You and Yaya haven't been out for decades. It must have been what, four years?" Rosé added by taking off her jacket and placed it on the back of the chair.

"You guys are really pissing off. It's just that the idea came to my mind and then I don't have any important work so I spend my free time with my family, is that wrong?" it was my turn to sit in the chair because I felt they would annoy me for a long time to come.

"Okay, okay. Anyway, where are Yaya and Lia?" Rosé asked while looking around seeing they were nowhere to find. 

"Yaya is getting ready. Lia's probably playing with her dolls in her bedroom right now, but I'll call her." I got up and stood at the foot of the stairs, "Lia! Aunties Jisoo and Rosé are here!"