Chapter 52 : Conquer

LISA'S POV

After wandering the streets of New York all day, I stopped at a bar not far from my hotel. The evening had just begun and the bar was already half full. Friends or couples would sit at a table and order all the shots they could. Some of them were already drunk because their idiots of friends encouraged them to drink down in one go. I was about to be in the same state as them anyway. Indeed, I was at my third drink of the evening. The bartender would talk to me from time to time to make sure I was okay. I was sitting on the high stool at the far end of the counter, so I could see people walking in front of the establishment. 

"Pour me something very strong. I don't want to feel anything anymore! Feelings of shit," I grumbled as I violently dropped my glass on the table. The bartender shook his head in desperation. He must have been used to serving broken people.

"Whatever problem you have, you should go talk to that person. I'm sure you only need to open up to each other," he states as if he had just come up with the ultimate solution that I had never thought of it before. I wasn't really in the mood for advice so I looked up to see his face. He was an old man with an Italian mustache. He was in good shape for his age since his build was that of a 20-year-old man. He seemed sincere, he didn't seem to be there to make fun of me. So I just sighed and played with my empty glass in front of me. He seemed sincere, he didn't seem to be there to make fun of me. So I just sighed and played with my empty glass in front of me.

"She doesn't even want to see me, so what's the point?" I huffed. I was trying to rationalize the situation by thinking it was my karma. I remember the pain I inflicted on her that day. The flowers she intended to give to Yaya's father were shattered on the floor. This time it was my turn to suffer. The bartender wanted to keep the conversation going but some customers had called him for their alcohol service. I was lost in my thoughts again as I looked at the people walking under the cool New York night. Suddenly, I had to call upon my conscience and put aside the feeling that I was going to fall off my stool at any moment. I squinted and shook my head to remove this double vision effect. Alcohol hit me hard, I wished I hadn't been drunk now.

I saw from afar a man who looked like Akio. I almost dared to say that it was him because I recognized his walk and his build. My heart was starting to beat quickly once again as I looked at the girl next to him. It was a tiny blonde girl wearing a long beige coat who still let her beautiful shapes appear. I was both relieved to know that it wasn't Ruby Jane but I was also angry. If he was in a relationship with her, what was he doing at that time with a pretty girl who was as clingy to him as ever and was laughing at everything he was saying. 

Not wanting to lose sight of them, I slammed a few bills on the counter and jumped off the stool that people in the bar were startled by. I managed not to fall flat on my face, I don't know if it was because of the adrenaline. Anyway, I'll spot them quickly. They were only a few meters from where I was standing. I walked quickly or more like ran towards them before stopping him by taking his shoulder and pushing him against the wall. The blonde screamed, she was shocked to see me grab the collar of Akio's jacket.

"What the fuck?! Lisa?!"

"What the hell are you doing with another girl?! You have Ruby Jane and you dare to cheat on her?!" I shouted at him. The blonde girl, who was initially shocked and frightened, was now furious at what she had just heard.

"You're dating Ruby Jane?!" she said in a bewildered look.

"Wow wow wow, everyone calm down, now! You're going way too far and I think there's been a big misunderstanding," he stopped us by putting his hand in front of us as a sign of stopping. It was now my turn to look at him with a confused and stupid look because he had just said, "First of all, I would like you to let me go because you are damaging my pretty new Ralph Lauren jacket," I dropped him against my will but he had a right to explain himself. I wasn't going to make the same mistake of not listening to what people have to say. Only, I was ready to kick his ass if he was really cheating on Ruby Jane, "thank you."