Chapter 10 : Suspicious

JISOO'S POV

"Yeri, when table 10 is gone, you clear out while Joy and Mark prepare the big table for tonight. I want you to also check the reservations on the site and also if there are any cancellations, okay?"

"Got it, chef! Who are the people who booked the main table? Mark said they were apparently important people."

"People who work at the embassy. That's why it has to be perfect tonight. Oh yes, ask Mark or Joy to make a phone call to the company that delivers us the fresh seafood, I hope they will come at least 2 hours earlier."

"Don't worry Jisoo, it's gonna be okay!"

I finally slumped into the chair of my office. I couldn't sit down for a second since this morning because the restaurant was full of people and tonight we were having important people over. I was very nervous besides, Rosé stayed home because she caught a cold. If my baby were here, she would have been able to handle the situation without any problems.

I consulted our website to read the comments our customers left us after each visit. It was important for us to constantly improve even if the answers were generally positive. We were always looking for new recipes or concepts to increase our popularity. Rosé and I were also lucky to have a great team without it, it would have been difficult to be where we are today. I am happy to have been able to open the restaurant of my dreams with the girl of my dreams. You will say that I am overreacting but I am very grateful to Rosé and I am for everything. You know how worth living life is when you meet extraordinary people who push you to do many things. Every day, I tell myself that I am so blessed with a wonderful girlfriend and amazing friends.

Speaking of friends.

A couple of days ago, I ran into Lisa's wife. To be honest, I have nothing against her. When I say mean things in front of Lisa, it's just to annoy her. It is true that I find Yaya quite annoying and that she does not match my friend's type of girls. I have the impression that their relationship is bland and uninteresting, but of course I will never say it because if they are happy, that is the most important thing besides they have a lovely daughter that I treat like my daughter too. Anyway, I ran into Lisa's wife in the fish market because I was looking for fresh seafood for my restaurant just you know. It had been a while since we hadn't seen each other, so we had taken time to talk. However, there was something that confused me.

Flashback 

"Last time I walked past your restaurant and saw that you had received a lot of awards this year!"

"Yes, Rosé, my team and I had worked hard to achieve this result, hard work pays off huh?" 

"Definitely. Oh and by the way, last time Lisa went to your home. She said that you needed her for something important. Is it now okay?"

"When? I mean sometimes I forgot so many things."

"I think it was 2 days ago. It was already 7 and honestly I didn't want her to drive at this hour."

"Oh. Yeah, I needed Lisa to come help me with... the next photos of the restaurant... since we wanted to set up some stuff, yeah."

"That's great! Well Jisoo, I have to leave you now because I have some errands to finish or I'll be late to pick up Lia."

"No prob! It was cool to see you again." 

End of flashback

You wonder why I didn't say anything at the moment and followed the story. That's because Lisa has never lied to Yaya and you know, Lisa has never lied since we met. So I'm pretty surprised to hear that, I thought it might have been a misunderstanding, but anyway, Lisa still went out that night and why do I feel like it's not the first time. I don't want to jump to conclusions, but since she met Ruby Jane, there's something that's changed in her. I can't explain it to you, but it's different without being obvious. I don't even dare to talk about it to the group, especially Rosé because I know how sensitive my girlfriend is on this kind of subject and then I wasn't sure of anything yet. I was thinking about having more evidence before I talked to Lisa about it.