Chapter 14 : Tonight

LISA'S POV

There are things you notice when you take the time to observe. You wonder if this object was in this place when you didn't see it there. I am currently lying in my bed staring at the ceiling while talking to myself. This serenity allowed me to think and do breathing exercises. Did you know that breathing is a way to fight our stress and relieve tiredness? This is called sophrology, a method of relaxation that transforms our fears or phobias into positive thoughts. I learned that a few years ago by attending a conference held by a psychologist, it was very interesting. Anyway, I had been lying there for half an hour now.

I wasn't working today because it was my day off. Actually, I don't really have fixed holidays, I mean I only take them when I see that in my schedule I don't have any appointments but the studio is constantly open. It's my team that takes care of it when there are customers who come just to take identity photos or whatever. I turned my head to the side to see the alarm clock on the bedside table, it had been 1 hour since Yaya and Lia left. They went shopping together but I was much too tired physically and mentally and I thought that having a few hours for myself would do me the world of good. Besides, I was seeing Ruby Jane tonight. Last night when I called her, I thought I could put an end to this shit but she threw me for a loop and I didn't know what to say. I ended up accepting as a submissive.

I dragged my feet as I walked towards the kitchen to make my coffee. This morning, I needed something strong to wake me up because once again when something worries me, I sleep very badly and that was the case last night. I took my cup and the plate of eggs that Yaya had set aside. I settled comfortably in the living room and put the news on TV. I hadn't watched television for centuries. When I was younger, having a television was crazy and you could spend hours in front of it. Today, phones and laptops are more powerful even if you have a 75-inch screen with 4K resolution, it is still more convenient to watch your series with your laptop in the bed.

I heard the sound of the keys turned in the lock and the voice of my adorable daughter filled the whole house, I understood that my chilling time was over.

"Daaaad! Look at my new doll!" Lia was running towards me to show me her new human-sized doll with excitement. Honestly, I hate all dolls for children. It gives me chills because as soon as I put my eyes on it, I have the feeling that one moment at a time they will be able to blink. Okay, I'm exaggerating a little bit and maybe I shouldn't have watched so many horror movies. But still, try to be alone surrounded by dolls in a room, you'll see that it's creepy.

"Wow... she's very beautiful." I hope I look convincing.

"Yes, I'm going to call her Anna." tell me this is a joke? Of all the names in the world, Lia had to choose Anna.

"Oh... Nice to meet you Anna, my name is Lisa." I was playing with the doll pretending to get to know her. I hope she doesn't get up at night with a knife in her hand. Okay, I really need to stop watching horror movies.

"Uncle Bobby bought it for me."

"You met Bobby? I mean you saw Uncle Bobby today?"

"Yes, we ran into Uncle Bobby in the supermarket." 

"What did you guys talk about huh?"

"I don't know. I don't know. I was bored waiting for Mom to finish talking to him so I went to the toy section. Then Uncle Bobby and Mom came to get me because we had to go to the checkout but Mom didn't want me to take the doll because she said I had too many toys at home. Uncle Bobby then decided to offer it to me."

"That's very kind of him. Next time I see him, I'll thank him. And tell me where Mom is?" I could see the shopping bags on the dining table but I couldn't find Yaya.