Chapter 48 : Away

LISA'S POV

I grumbled at the pain that had spread in my back after spending the night in the couch of my office in the studio. The cushions were hard as stone and therefore uncomfortable to put under the neck. I was this close to getting a stiff neck. It wasn't really a good idea to spend the night here, I probably should have accepted Jisoo and Rosé's invitation but not wanting to face their questions, I thought it would be better to suffer from a back pain than a headache one with them. When reality struck me  again, I tragically placed my arms on my face, I didn't want to deal with all those stuff but I had to. 

Not surprisingly, the evening did not go as planned. Yaya kept begging me but my answer was the same, we were never going to go back as we were before. I decided to give her some time because it wasn't easy for either of us. We had to think about dividing up the task of parent for Lia because she was the most crucial step here and we were worried that our break-up would have an impact on her. Regarding my relationship with Bobby, we agreed that our friendship had been faded for a while and that it was better for us to remain distant friends. Rosé suggested that we settle in the presence of a lawyer so that everyone can give their requests. Personally, I had made the choice to continue to contribute to Lia's needs, whether it was for the cost of her studies or her daily life, but I was thinking of dividing this task with Yaya and Bobby. Despite all this, he intended to contribute to the costs for his daughter in one way or another. As for the rest, we will see what we can put in place.

Honestly, I'm not sad to break up with Yaya, but it was knowing that I would no longer be able to assume my role as a parent as I did before, especially since I loved Lia as my own child. One of the first things she saw when she opened her eyes for the first time was me. It was useless to deny that I felt connected to this kid even though she wasn't the same blood of me.

Anyway, I had to find a new place to live as soon as possible because I didn't intend to spend another night in this couch. Besides, today I was planning to go to Ruby Jane's apartment. She hadn't replied to my calls or messages for a week. I had to see her to apologize and there was still a question in my head, how did she know about Yaya and Bobby?

I went home - which would soon no longer be mine - to take a shower and pick up some important things. I'll leave them in the trunk when I go to see Ruby Jane. It was emotionally difficult to see my stuff come off where they used to be. I had hesitated to take one of our pictures where the three of us were present. Our small family has always been happy that the people around us were jealous of it, but if they knew that it was all just an illusion.

On the way to Ruby Jane's building, a wave of excitement ran through my whole body. I looked in the central rear view mirror at the sunflowers which I stopped at the best florist in town to buy them. The colors were radiant as they brightened the car, I was eager to offer them to her although another part of me was hell nervous. I trained a couple of times on what I was going to say to her, hoping that I wouldn't ruin everything as soon as I got there.

I pulled on the brake and parked in front of the huge building, which I felt a vague feeling of familiarity. I wiped my sweaty hands on my lap where they were slightly shaking. I took a deep breath as I took my courage in both hands and stepped out of the car. I walked through the hall where the same young girl who used to blush and look down as soon as she saw me saw me, but this time she gave me a genuine smile but immediately frowned when she saw the flowers I was holding. It was the first time she wanted to talk to me, but this time I didn't let her the chance since my legs were quickening on their own. Maybe she was finally going to dare to approach me after all this time except that if she did, I would have to tell her that it wasn't possible.