Chapter 3: Coffee

LISA'S POV

We were sitting in the meeting room and I felt oppressed by the looks of my friends. As usual, Bobby looked at me with his mischievous smile, which I refrained from punching him in the face, Rosé looked at me with a suspicious look and Jisoo looked at me as if she was proud of me. Jennie remained silent after she introduced herself.

"So you met yesterday in a club and overnight you became friends to the point that you took her as a model for your project?" Bobby asked while trying to put the events in order. Not knowing what to say, I motioned with my hands to confirm.

"Are you sure you're not cheating on your wife? Lisa, you know how much I hate these people, so don't make me hate you because you're my best friend. And then, think about your daughter too, how would she feel if she knew all this?"

"Wow wow wow, calm down Chipmunk. I'm not cheating on my wife, stop overreacting everything gosh!" Rosé has always been like that, she's the most sensitive girl I know and this kind of subject can make her cry. Fortunately, she met Jisoo because thanks to her, she takes things less seriously since then.

"Baby, she isn't cheating on her. Why don't you trust your best friend? And even if she was cheating on her, I wouldn't be surprised."

"Jisoo, leave my wife alone." Jisoo is the only one who doesn't like my wife. She keeps repeating that she is boring, that you never know how to laugh with her because she takes everything personally. By the way, Rosé and I have been best friends since we were kids. A year later, Bobby had moved and settled in the neighborhood where we lived. The three of us went to the same schools and university where we had later met Jisoo. The same year, I fell in love with a girl who is today my wife. She started hanging out with us, things were going well between us except for Jisoo who never knew how to do it but she didn't really care since she has Rosé, "Anyway, what are you doing here? Bobby, aren't you supposed to be working at the hospital today? What about you? Rosé? Jisoo? Did you close your restaurant today."

"Today is my day off. Sorry man, I couldn't make it to your birthday yesterday, but I had too many patients to cancel." Bobby is a doctor, he's the one who delivered my wife.

"Nope, today Yeri and Joy are working and I can trust them to let our restaurant today. And yeah, we are sorry Lisa if we couldn't come to your birthday party but we had dozens of reservations yesterday night."

"Don't worry guys and thank you for all the snacks, drinks and cakes," I turned to Ruby Jane who had been silent for a few minutes. She looked at us and smiled, "what?"

"You all have a cute friendship, I'm jealous." she giggled, this girl had a really pretty smile. Her seductive cat-eyes, cute nose and shiny black hair like it came out of a shampoo advertisement. When she joined us at the table last night, I was amazed by her beauty. Ruby Jane was the kind of girl who could have it all, all she had to do was ask.

"Yeah, we are lucky to have each others." Bobby said while looking at us like a proud dad.

"Okay, let's eat now! I'm hungry and I waited for you Lisa to eat the cake." 

After all three left, Jennie and I went back to work. We had done some tests with different sets. Time passed so quickly that I didn't see the time go by and I completely forgot to call my wife back. "I think that's enough for today. We will continue another day and I will try to find other ideas. You can go get dressed while I go make a phone call. If you need anything, call me. I'll be right in the next room," she nodded and I left with my phone. When I looked at the screen, I saw that I had had 6 missing calls. I usually call her back every hour to check on her, but I've been a little too busy with the project.