Chapter 8 : Decision

LISA'S POV

My fifth empty cup of coffee dropped violently on the table as the rest of the team flinched. I didn't care how people were looking at me, they were shocked to see me this morning with dark circles. Generally, when I arrive at the studio I am all smiling and in a good mood and it happens to me every three years that I am in a bad mood. No one dared to come near me that they didn't want to meet my eyes.

"Yo, what happened Lis?" 

No one except Junhoe.

"Lack of sleep again." Actually, after Lia fell asleep I couldn't sleep a wink last night. I was stressed and couldn't stop thinking when I was about to sleep, I realized it was time for me to go to work. As a result, I am exhausted and I don't know if I will last until the end of the day.

"There's probably something that worries you that keeps you awake. Care to share?" Junhoe was perhaps the ideal person with whom I could partially share my problem. I mean, we weren't very close, but we got along well. And besides, he was a guy who was thinking a lot, so I think he could help me.

"Imagine that you have found the job of your dreams, it's what you've always dreamed of and you've been doing this job for years but one day, a new door opens up for you. We're offering you another job. Suddenly, you are interested because you think you might have new experiences but the problem is that you can't give up your old job because your job is important, you can't not take responsibility. What are you doing?"

"First I think it would be the most difficult dilemma of my life. But honestly I don't know what I would do. But the second job must be very interesting and must be worth it for me to doubt so much. But if I really have to make a decision, I'll try to do both. I'd share my time in both jobs, it can be cool. But at the end of the day, I'd still have to choose."

"What would make you choose one job over the other?" 

"In which I feel most fulfilled. For example, if I choose to take the second job despite the fact that I am aware that I have huge responsibilities ahead of me, I will do my best before I leave and fly away for new experiences. Anyway, whatever your choice, there will always be a consequence. The only difference is that each consequence won't be the same one, there will be good and bad in both cases but it is up to you to see what consequence you are ready to face."

I was proceeding in my brain with every word. There was a meaning in what he had just said, no matter what I do, I will be brought to a result. Quality was not important but it was the value of this result. 

"Junhoe, do you have a girlfriend?"

"Yeah." her ears suddenly reddened. 

"What's her name?"

"Jessica." 

"Jessica is really lucky to have a boyfriend like you."

"Thank you, Lis."

"No, thank you for enlightening me. I'll get you that like taking pictures of your wedding for free."

"Really?!" he excitely said. I nodded. He returned to work and grinned from ear to ear. 

"For this last one, I want you two to look at each other and express what you feel without saying any word. Okay?" 

The couple did as I asked. The man placed his arms around the waist of the woman who was 10 years older than him. I admired this couple because it was true that it was rare to see a 50-year-old woman marry a younger man. I admired their courage to be able to show themselves hand in hand in the street while bearing the disapproving or disgusted looks of passers-by. But love is love, age doesn't count as much as you love each other. It's the most important thing. People will always criticize your choices, but only you know why you made them.