Chapter 28 : Jennie

YAYA'S POV

Since our date at the restaurant, Lisa has become more caring since we had our daughter. It's not that I don't appreciate this sudden change, but I just think there's something off. If I had to be honest, the reason I joined Lisa in Busan was because I didn't trust Ruby Jane. Generally I never mingle with Lisa when she works because she needs concentration and I don't want her to spend her time taking care of me. This time, something inside me told me I should go, so I called Rosé. I suggested the idea to her and she thought it was a good thing because we hadn't been away from this huge city for some time. 

When I saw Lisa, I read her expression. She has always been unable to hide her emotions. I was hurt but I didn't show her because I didn't want to bother her while she was working on an important project. When I confronted this Ruby Jane, I realized that there was definitely something wrong but there was nothing I could do because I had no proof. The only thing I could do was show her that Lisa belonged to me and that she had no right to her. But as I explained, since the return from this short trip, Lisa had been paying more attention to me. She spent most of her evenings with Lia and I and I and I was happy that we were back to the way we were before. Lisa's behavior reassured me, it's as if she was telling me that she had always been there, however, there were times when I felt that her mind was elsewhere. So I thought I had to set things straight because I wasn't going to spend the rest of my days being paranoid.

"Hey beautiful." I lifted my head to see him sitting in front of me with a huge smile on his face. I scoffed at his stupid expression on his face.

"First of all, don't call me like that. Second, don't think that if I called you it's because I want to see you." his smile broke down in a matter of seconds. I literally had no mercy for him.

"So what's the reason." 

"I have a deal to offer you." he furrowed his eyebrows and looked at me as he was trying to decipher what I was thinking, "You told me about this guy who accepted side jobs. I want him to follow this Ruby Jane in the coming days and take pictures when necessary."

"If you can get me something interesting, I'll make one of your wishes come true as long as it's realistic."

"So revealing my existence is part of the list of things that can't be done, right?" 

"You're smarter than I thought." I sarcastically said. I can't believe he would think that one day I'd bring it to light. I will not risk my couple's life for that.

"I don't understand why you don't want to admit it. You can never deny what happened." he says, raising his voice. His fists clenched and he tried as best he could to stay calm. Fortunately, we were in a coffee shop with a few people.

"Believe me, if I could go back in time, I wouldn't make that stupid mistake. You're right, I can't deny it or forget it, but I've moved on and you should do the same." I put on my sunglasses and got ready to get up when he grabbed my hand.

"You know I still love you even if you keep treating me like shit."

"If you really love me, you would have left me alone a long time ago. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go home and prepare food for my family." I said without looking at him. He let go of my hand and I left the coffee shop without turning back. Even if I didn't want to hurt him, I had to do it because it was the only way for him to understand that what he expected from me was impossible.

LISA'S POV

"The pictures are great! Looks like we've been in the business for over 10 years! Look at this angle... the colors you increased the intensity of the building make the shot incredible." Junhoe continued to exclaim in front of all the photos I was showing. It was true that I was quite proud of the pictures I had taken in Busan. Taeyang sent me an email to thank me and my team. After this work, our studio became enormously popular. Several companies contacted us and we were more than happy to see that our efforts have finally paid off. As the days go by, it's as if I'm getting closer and closer to my dream.