Chapter 38 : Rest

LISA'S POV

"Thank you all for today, you can put everything away and I'll see you tomorrow!" I turned off the reflex camera and stored it in the black trolley case. After that long day of standing moving lights here and there, I was just waiting to dress comfortably and let myself sink into my bed - except that it wouldn't be too good since I just remembered that Ruby Jane had asked me to come to her place tonight. Instead of thinking about the pathetic excuse I'll come up with, I was wondering if it might not be better if I took a shower in the studio before leaving.

I took a new shirt and linen pants that were hanging in the closet. I was looking at the clothes I had sorted by color and I found it rather satisfying. I have a way of classifying things, I even find myself classifying things that are already organized. You could kind of say I'm a psychopath for this. I also think it's a way for my brain to find itself more easily. For example, I have two types of hangers. Black is for t-shirts - yes I don't fold my t-shirts but I hang them up like shirts - and white is for my shirts while my pants are folded and are divided by material and colors. I know, I'm a complicated human but seriously, it's very satisfying to see my wardrobe. 

After a quick shower, I took a quick look at the clock. I was on time and nervous again about going to her place. I still have this intense excitement inside me about being alone with her, how can I explain that this girl was so unpredictable. I tried to end our relationship a week ago and of course it was a total failure. Yet I could have done it except that my stupid brain had decided to let go at that moment and then it was impossible to resist her. Maybe I was dealing with a witch because I'm always under her spell as soon as she breathes. 

What kind of spell is it?

If I had to be honest, I'm getting more and more nervous. I am finding it harder and harder to see the situation I am in. As soon as I try to end one of the two connections, there is something that prevents me from doing so and I find myself in this vicious circle again. I ask myself the question every time, how I feel about these two women and I end with the same answer - I have no idea. Yaya is my wife and when I am with her, I feel at home, as it was my habit, my routine. While Ruby Jane was the little flame that had decided to come out of nowhere in my life. She was the one who forced me to do new things, she was an incredible creature- a hot one.Never in my life, I thought I was going through this kind of thing. If my parents were still alive, they would know what to say to me, but I know they would be disappointed. It was too late to go back. It was better if I thought about how to handle the situation. But tonight, I wasn't in the mood to do anything because I was already feeling tired.

Parking my car in front of the high building I was now used to seeing, I looked up to see the floor where Ruby Jane was. The light was on, she was probably preparing food as she had told me. I got out of my car and walked towards the entrance when I felt a presence, I had the feeling that someone was watching me. So I stopped in my tracks and made it look like I was tying my shoes and tried to look behind me discreetly to see if there was someone or maybe a thief who wanted to assault me and steal my car keys. It's not like my car is worth a fortune, but you know, people can do anything as long as they earn something from it.

But no sign of it. I was alone with a few parked cars. Nothing was moving, even the wind was not there.

I was probably tired and my brain was starting to play tricks on me. I shrugged off this little incident and entered the lobby without further delay. I saw the same young girl standing behind the desk who as soon as she saw me, blushed and lowered her eyes. I thought that with the amount of times I came here, she would get used to my presence. Besides, I'm sure she had a hint of what I was doing here.