Chapter 41 : Promise

LISA'S POV

Today, Yaya was returning from her father's house with Lia. I decided to prepare the lunch so that they could eat it as soon as they arrived and not have to worry about it. I may not be the best in the kitchen, but I still manage to make correct dishes. While my thin slice of fish fillet was cooking on the pan, I read the messages I had received. Rosé asked me how I was, if there was any news. Jisoo, sent me a few cheers and asked me to quickly conclude this story because she was getting tired of having to listen to her girlfriend's speech every night. Bobby told me how many patients he had and that he only wanted one thing: to take a summer vacation. Ruby Jane had sent some naughty messages that I now thought were cute.

Yes, it's weird, but don't try to get me.

I think back to the conversation we had on the way back from the library. Ruby Jane was thinking of writing her own book but she knew it was not the right time to start this project. I even teased her that I had better be on the VIP list and get an autograph on my book. She promised me by crossing our pinky fingers and swore an oath. I smiled at the thought of seeing her sign thousands of books and go through magazines to explain her inspirations. I sincerely wished her all the best.

I put my phone on the table as soon as I heard the key in the turned lock. Lia's voice echoed throughout the house, shouting "finally back home!". I really miss this cute monster and I'm gonna put kisses all on face small face. 

"You're going to go change while Mommy prepares a quick snack, okay? "Yaya said. She is always very sweet and delicate when she talks to our daughter. She says it is not good for a child to live in a noisy environment. You have no idea how much she hates it when I invite my friends over and we keep drinking when it's after 9 pm, that's why we ended up deciding to celebrate at Jisoo's or in a bar.

I turned off the hob and removed my apron to join Yaya and make sure she didn't have too many bags to climb the stairs. However, I heard a deep voice with which Yaya was talking. That voice sounded familiar and I don't know if I wanted to hear it.

Oh God, don't tell me...

"Mister Sperbund?"

"Ah Lisa! I didn't know you were home. Come say hello to me," he said as he opened his arms. My body completely sank in his arms because it was a tall man with a huge belly that came out of his sweater. My moves were very awkward and I had trouble taking a facial expression to look as if I was happy to see him. 

"Mr. Sperbund... it's a pleasure to see you here. Yaya didn't tell me about your visit. " I made a pointed look to Yaya who was standing next to us.

"I didn't know you were home today so I didn't think it was important to let you know that my father was coming. "she crossed her arms and looked at me with a skeptical look. 

"As you were coming home today, I knew you and Lia might be exhausted. So I made you some food, but if I had known about your father, I would have made a third one."

"Aw, that's so sweet of you, my love," she pecked me on the lips and held my face, "don't worry. I'll make something for him in no time." she walked towards the kitchen leaving me and her father behind, where we remained silent without knowing what to say to each other. I have already met his father many times, only I have never been very comfortable with him. I don't know if it's the fact that I'm a girl with men's genital but I always had this feeling that I wasn't really welcome and that he was trying to make an effort when his daughter was there.

"Sit in the living room, sir. Make yourself at home." I leaded the way to the living room. I gave him a glass of water that he politely thanked me.