Chapter 21 : Past

LISA'S POV

I woke up with a weight on my chest, so I had to open my eyes and find myself smiling stupidly at the sight of the beautiful creature sleeping peacefully on me whose leg covered my stomach. I placed a strand of hair behind her ear and stroked her cheek. The memories of last night came to mind. After we walked on the beach, we started to get hungry. We were much too tired to go looking for a restaurant so we just ordered food in our room. We would end up eating some fruit on the bed and sharing anecdotes. Although the evening was short, I learned a lot about her. I was surprised when she told me she didn't really have a friend. According to her, she had difficulty reaching people when I find that she adapts easily to each situation.

She started to move and stretched like a small kitten coming out of her little nap. She was so cute and innocent when she woke up in the morning, a part of her that I had never seen before. I giggled at the sight of her hair in a mess despite that she remained as pretty as ever. When her eyes met mine, she gave me that gummy smile that made me melt immediately.

"Good morning."

"Good morning, kitten." 

"Kitten? Really, huh?" 

"Yep, because you look like a kitten when you wake up." I slightly pinched her nose but she slapped my hand and took it. She started to play with my fingers but I felt her stopping when she touched my marriage ring. She suddenly let go of my hand as I had just gotten used to the warmth of hers. 

"We should get up before your team is looking after you." she took the bathrobe that was on the back of the chair and covered her naked body.

I got up from bed and back hugged her while sniffling her sweet scent. I didn't know why she had this sudden change of mood when she had never been like this since we knew each other. But somehow I thought there was probably nothing there and that she really didn't want me to be late because at 10 am we had to get to the shooting to start.

"Okay but let's take a shower together." I put my chin on her shoulder and felt relieved when I saw her letting a grin. 

"All right big baby." 

We would meet the rest of my team eating their breakfast at the table. I ate next to Junhoe and Sungjae to find out how we were going to proceed while Jennie was chatting with the girls in the group. Sungjae explained to me that we would start by taking pictures at the hotel entrance. The owner wants us to promote this place as best we can and make people dream. Sungjae explained to me that this owner had been working very hard since he broke up with his wife, but fortunately, their separation was not a big obstacle because it was a mutual break-up. Moreover, their daughter was already grown up and she fully understood her parents' situation.

I apologized for a few seconds to go and refill a bowl of cereal with orange juice when Junhoe joined me and whispered to me like it was a secret talk. 

"Lisa, can I ask you something?" he asked hesitantly. I nodded so that he would continue while I took a few slices of watermelon on a plate.

"There is something between you and Ruby Jane, right?" I dropped the fork, which caught everyone's attention in the room. I bowed down and apologized for the noise. I expected everything but this question.

"Why would you say that?"

"Actually, I wanted to talk to you about it since yesterday but I didn't really have a chance to find the right time... Look, when I got to the airport, I wanted to get coffee, but I saw you sitting with Ruby Jane and I was surprised when I saw you two... kissing."

"Shit." it was the only thing I could say at that moment. 

"Hey, I'm not gonna judge you. First of all, you are my boss and your private live doesn't concern me but... as a friend, I can't stop thinking about it so yeah that's why I'm asking you. Did you break up with Yaya."