Chapter 45 : Wrong

LISA'S POV

The sound of the droplets dripping from the tap was the only thing you could hear in that restroom. I was looking at myself in the mirror where my face was still wet after I put my head underwater to cool down. I was trying to understand what the other me in the mirror was feeling. Everything happened so fast that I lost control, everything seems so wrong.

"Lisa? Are you done? The doctor is here for Yaya," Jisoo peeked her head. She was slightly worried since what happened in the hall but she didn't dare to talk about it. 

"Yeah." 

We walked silently towards the room where Yaya was. The doctor was talking with Rosé while Yaya was still lying unconscious on the bed where she had been given an drip on the back of her hand. That's when I noticed how much she had lost weight and how weak she was. Thankfully, Lia was at the Husseys' house, it was better that she didn't see her mother in this condition when her grandfather was already sick. When Rosé noticed that we were there, she called us to come closer as we were still standing by the door.

"As I explained to your friend, Mrs. Manoban has nothing serious. She had panic attacks, which I read in her file that it wasn't the first time. However, since she hasn't had one for a while, we'll do more tests to make sure there's nothing else, but I think it'll be fine. All she needs is to eat and drink a lot of water and rest while trying to relax," the old man with the white blouse explained. 

"Thank you, doctor," we were saying three of us at the same time. As soon as the doctor left the room, Rosé took Jisoo and me by the arm towards the door.

"We need to talk." 

The three of us were sitting in the cafeteria, which fortunately wasn't as full as it was earlier. Some people who had been present at the scene asked me if Yaya was doing well, for which I immediately thanked them for their concern. 

"Jisoo told me what happened. Apparently Ruby Jane had an envelope with pictures of you in... intimate moments?" Rosé carefully asked,  afraid to make me moody again.

"Yes."

"Does that mean Yaya knows what's going on between you and Ruby Jane."

"I guess that's why she had her panic attacks," I sighed and played with the spoon of my cup of coffee. I was nervous about confronting Yaya when she woke up and explaining how this shit could have happened.

"Do you think Ruby Jane is capable of destroying your relationship that way? I mean, do you think she'd do like the bad girls in dramas?" Jisoo asked.

"What do you mean?" 

"What if these pictures didn't come from Ruby Jane but from Yaya?"

"What? How could that be possible? Yaya had ignored all this until now. And why are you even trying to defend her?" I was even more annoyed by what Jisoo was implying because I felt even worse. I defended Yaya because I probably felt guilty about what I did to her, "Of course, you've never appreciated Yaya..." 

"If we weren't in a public place, I would have given you a good slap," Jisoo calmed down as soon as Rosé took her hand and stroked the back of it with her thumb, "Look, you didn't even listen to her. You concluded everything without taking into consideration what she had to say. Ruby Jane is not the only one who is wrong in this case as far as I know, she's not the only asking for sex." 

"Wait, did you really sleep with her? Don't tell me what it was recurring?" Rosé wanted to yell at me but I know she was holding back because it wasn't the best idea, I know she was at some point disappointed. I see Jisoo didn't tell her everything and she was probably going to get blamed for that too.