Chapter 53 : Prove

RUBY JANE'S POV

My dream was so good that I didn't want to wake up. Little tickles on my neck caused me to curl up on myself to avoid them while I was giggling and asking for it to stop. But the tickling was soon transformed by nibbling and sucking, so I realized that it was no longer a dream. I jolted into my bed with my eyes wide open. When I saw Lisa looking at me with hungry eyes, I knew where those tickles came from. 

"Good morning baby girl," she smirked. She was lying on her elbows in the white sheet of the bed that was undone, although I didn't want to admit it, but this image was erotic to see and it just made me want to run my fingers through her hair and ride her-

Stop, stop, stop!

"I told you you had no right to touch me. It's already a lot that I let you sleep in the same bed with me," I got up and took a bathrobe that was resting on the back of the chair and covered me with it right away. Lisa pouted not seeing me in lingerie anymore, which was really cute but that's not the point. 

"How am I supposed to control myself when a sexy creature in lingerie is by my side," she asked innocently. Not wanting to argue more with her because it was not only early and I didn't want to get to work in a bad mood but also because I had to present my new chapters to the editors and their assistants today. Concentration was the key to this day.

"You should go back to your hotel, I'm sure Yaya and Lia are worried sick at this time," I gave her her clothes and a towel, "you can shower before you leave if you want and if you're hungry, help yourself in the kitchen," she simply got up and took her things and went to the bathroom. But she stepped out  before closing the door behind her.

"I told you, I came alone," and closed the door. I wanted to believe her that she had come alone, but why was that? She's probably in New York for one of her new projects, yes, it must have been.

We didn't talk much after that. When I was finished dressing, I found her sitting on the chair at the kitchen counter stuffing herself with a bowl of Lucky Charms cereal. I expected her to be gone already, but I saw her staring at me when I put on my heels. She was not ashamed to look at me from head to toe with her eyes squinting as if she was analyzing me. I didn't pay attention to it because I didn't want to ask myself unnecessary questions. I soon realized that she wanted me to drop her off. Indeed, my parents lent me one of their cars because they didn't want me to take public transport. According to them, there were so many dangerous criminals lurking around the stations waiting to attack you that the safest thing was to take the car. Fortunately, I already had my license, but I had trouble at first remembering how this thing worked.

"Where do I drop you off?" I asked while I put my seat belt on and started the engine.

Drop me off at your place of work. I'll call a taxi from there," I just nodded even though I wanted to tell her I didn't mind taking her back to the hotel, but since I didn't want me to think I was caring her, I decided to keep my mouth shut. 

Throughout the ride, Lisa looked with sparkling eyes at the various shops and high buildings in the city. I could deduce that this was the first time she came to New York, she looked like a child. In a short time, I parked at the back of the publishing house where a parking lot was available. I saw Miyeon and Clara's car parked a little further away. Miyeon was one of my editors' assistants, she had just graduated. She was Korean, but her parents moved to New York to look for work, so she never had the opportunity to visit her native country. During our breaks, I spent my time describing life in Seoul to her. About Clara, she was a few years older than me. She was a mid-size redhead and had a very special style. Yet she was one of the first people to speak to me when I first came here. We became very close too and she knows almost all my life. Having friends and a social life had completely changed my life, I felt like a new person.