Chapter 4: Work

LISA'S POV

I was woken up by incessant noises coming from the foot of my bed. Although I wanted to open my eyes, my body refused. I was waiting to see if the sound would disappear and indeed, a few minutes later everything became calm again. However, I felt my bed getting weaker. As if someone was slowly and approaching me, suddenly I was crushed by a small body.

"GOOD MORNING DAD! WAKE UP WAKE UP!" I groaned as soon as the weight came off my body and my bed started to shake.

"Lia... Dad is still sleepy..." 

"Wake up! Wake up! Mom said you had to take me to school today. Don't forget, it's Friday! So it's your turn!"

"Fine but give me 5 minutes more..." I'm not going to hide it from you, but sometimes I wonder why I wanted to have a child. I miss the times when I slept in until the afternoon without anyone bothering me.

"All right. I'm going to go get ready and eat" she jumped out of bed and ran to the door but turned around and leaned back towards me to leave her cute morning kisses on my face. That's why I wanted to have a child.

I was getting myself ready when I smelled eggs and bacon. She had prepared my favorite breakfast. I found Lia eating her two sandwiches and my wife in the kitchen. I walked on tiptoe and placed my arms around her waist. I took the opportunity to bury my face in the crook of her neck to smell her scent. 

"Good morning wifey." 

"Good morning hubby. Go sit down, I'll bring you breakfast."

"Aren't you going to give me a morning kiss? Lia has already given me some."

"Such a baby," she sighed, "come here." She put her arms around my neck and let a gentle kiss. The kind of kiss that I love to get in the morning. Yaya and I have been married for several years. She was already pregnant with Lia, which is why we decided it was time we have to do the right thing. I met Yaya when I was in college. Yes, I have the ability to get a girl pregnant. I was born with a man's genitalia, it is an extremely rare case and it is a miracle that I am in good health. We were in the same literature class, although we were in an auditorium, I could notice her from the first day. I never had a crush, so I didn't really know how to do it. So I just talked to her and then it all happened naturally. As we discussed, we noticed that we had a lot in common. We both love photography. Indeed, we are two big collectors of cameras, our house is filled with different vintage and modern cameras. I think it is this passion that has brought us so close together. Yaya was different from the girls at that time. Everything she did was all about finesse. Daughter of a wealthy businessman, she was raised as a princess. She never cursed, she never went out or drank. Yaya was the smartest girl I've known, she would always get straight A's. You can see why Jisoo keeps saying she finds her boring because my wife is completely different from her.

"I'm sorry I was late last night for dinner. I was far too preoccupied with... work."

I lied. But sometimes it's better that some things don't get out even if there's nothing deep down. 

"I know, but you shouldn't be putting so much pressure on yourself... anyway, go and eat your breakfast. I don't want Lia to be late for school."

"Yes ma'am!"

After dropping Lia off at school, I went straight to the studio. Ruby Jane called me earlier to tell me that she would come early in the afternoon. The conversation was not very long on the phone. Indeed, I had been feeling a little awkward since last night. I don't understand what was going on in my mind, but I was in a complete trance. I was aware of my actions but it is as if my body and brain were in disagreement. When I got home, I took a long cold shower because the heat from my body was unbearable. Honestly, I didn't sleep very well. Many things were bothering my mind, since I met her, I feel weird and... different. I don't know her intentions, but I don't want it to be ambiguous. I'm clear on this subject, between her and me it's just work. I was interrupted by my thoughts when someone patted me on the shoulder.