Chapter 42 : Craving [M]

LISA'S POV

Room 7112. I've been coming here for a week with Yaya. We would go back and forth between our house and the hospital. We also went to the supermarket only to buy fruits for Mr. Sperbund. Since her admission to the hospital, her condition had worsened. The doctors assure us that they are doing their best but it only delays the time of his death, of course that's not what they said but it was interpreted in that way. Fortunately, her father was in good hands, indeed it was the best team in the hospital that took care of his case, Bobby was the head of it. He kept us informed of any changes in Mr. Sperbund's health. He explained to us the effects of the different medications being given to him. I noticed that Bobby was particularly affected by the news but I guess it must not be easy to see your friends in this state. 

Jisoo and Rosé heard the news right after. They also took a day off and immediately went to the hospital. Rosé stayed with Yaya from the beginning, they were close and Yaya told her everything. Jisoo didn't say anything but she knew it wasn't easy neither for Yaya nor for me. As for Lia, she couldn't miss her classes even though she's not as joyful as usual. So I talked to her teacher and explained to her the situation Lia was going through. She reassured me that she would keep a close eye on her and that if she had any concerns, she would contact me without hesitation. 

"How are you?" Jisoo asked me with a concerned voice and handed me a cup of coffee. We were sitting on the plastic chairs in the corridors.

"Not bad, I guess." Fortunately, I don't have anything important for the next few weeks or I don't know how I would have handled all this." Of course, I couldn't be away for long periods of time. After all, this is my studio and it's my responsibility.

"Have you... hum... talked with Ruby Jane?" she whispered the name like it's forbidden to say it. 

"No... actually we just changed few words by message but that's it." we haven't seen each other for a couple of days. I didn't really have the opportunity because I spent the morning in the studio afterwards, I went straight to the hospital. I had to make sure that Yaya was eating and that she wasn't skipping any meals. She never left her father, she had to when the nurses told us that the visits were over.

"I know I shouldn't tell you this, but I don't see any other way... you should go see Ruby Jane." I was surprised to hear that from Jisoo. She didn't seem very convinced by what she had just said, either.

I sighed, " I can't Chu... I can't leave Yaya. Besides, in a few hours I should already pick up Lia from school."

"Well, that's good then. If Yaya asks me where you are, I'll tell her you went out for a few errands before you go get Lia."

"You sure?" 

"Yes, sir. Now get off your ass before you waste any more time." Jisoo pushed me and I had to get up. Before I took the elevator, I turned to her.

"Hey Chu. Thank you." 

RUBY JANE'S POV

"Why is life so boring?!" I shouted in an irritated way and dropped into my couch. I was coming back from the city centre, I needed to go to the post office because my parents had sent me a parcel. They had asked me to keep some personal belongings while they were moving. They weren't going to come back to Korea but they had just found a better Duplex in New York. I didn't understand why they didn't ask an agency to do it, but at least it forced me to leave the house.

Lisa and I hadn't seen each other in a week. She explained the situation to me and I didn't want to rush her. However, I keep thinking about Yaya and Bobby's case. I was still thinking about whether or not to talk to Lisa about it. I didn't have time to record or film because before I could react, they had already separated.