Review 13 @charmanderson

Book: Exploit me
Author: charmanderson

REVIEW

1. First chapter blues

* Summary / prologue - The summary / prologue was perfect and catchy. It gave out the opening theme in relation to the title.

* Intro to main character - Chapter one had a smooth intro to the main character.

* Intro to story - From the main character we get to know that the story is going to evolve around her.

* Intro to genre - The issues teens experience was well portrayed in the story.

2. Story Settings

* Description - The writer is so busy with the story she forgets to add those little descriptions of places and environment where the story is taking place.

* Theme - So far, the story is still building up, There is no strong theme pushing the story yet, but with more chapter unfolding, hopefully, the themes of abuse and exploits will crop up.

* Intrigue / Suspense factor - The part in chapter one, where Sophie says 'I want the truth to come out' was intriguing and readers will want to find out exactly what truth is there to find out. It's already six chapters but we are expecting the truth should be out soon.

* Relation to genre - The story is related to teen fiction genre.

* Time setting -There was no obvious timing in the story. Maybe there was but I didn't notice. Sophie and her friends should be high schoolers, there is need to know what year, season, month, day, and time this story is taking place. And how the weather conditions affects their personal lives and decisions they make. It can be summer, winter, spring etc

* Character development - Sophie's character was well developed and relatable. The side characters also needs to be developed. A little intro to the other characters like Joshua, Ashton will help fill up the story. Like who are they, their families, backgrounds, character traits etc.

3. Story Tone

* Grammar - Grammar was on point. No punctuation issues.

* Dialogue - Dialogues was nicely written.

* Choice of words - Words was teen-related. Good.

* Chapter flow - The chapter flow was not really straight. From chapter two to three was a bit confusing, Sophie went from 'So I'm about to write 15 pages of research.... ' to apologizing to a Joshua in chapter three. The story skip was not quite clear.

* Writing voice - Writing voice is clear but hiding behind Sophie's character. Your can learn to separate your own writing voice form your character's voice. In your story, exploit me, it is Sophie who is talking and not CharmAnderson. Readers also want to connect with Charm's voice.

4. Creativity

* Plot development - There was Sophie's Pov written in all the chapters, which I think is not necessary. If you plotted the story from her point of view, then it will be her telling the story. You wouldn't need to write Sophie's pov repeatedly.

* Writing style - Writing style is great for a fresh writer.

5. Personal thoughts - Exploit me is a story I would love to read over again. The cover is really beautiful and catchy, and a lot of twists and actions is expected from the story line. The title is totally broad, and I hope the writer will do justice to it.

* Overall - Nice work. Fresh story. I will recommend this book for other readers. You get a 9 out of 10!

#####