Review 57 @Hassu42

Book: Tributes To Mischief
Author: Hassu42

REVIEW

1. First chapter blues

*Summary/prologue - The part titled 'preface' can actually work perfectly as the book summary. it contains just the right information to pull readers in.

*Intro to main character - kamal, is the person speaking. He was greatly introduced.

*Intro to story - The story itself deals with several topics which was done well.

*Intro to genre - You mentioned the genre to be mystery/thriller, which wasn't really introduced in the first five to ten chapters.

2. Story settings

*Description - You seem to be a little lacking in this department. Example in chapter one, where the guys were having some chit chats, a little info about them will help sharpen how they look in readers minds. Also the president who came up to address the nation can also be described in terms of his looks, age, facial expressions, and mode of dressing.

*Theme - Theme of life uncertainties, rage, politics, love, family... they were all noted and perfectly worked in sync with the story. Good work.

*Intrigue/suspense factor - Each chapter had its share of suspense which was engaging. Nice.

*Relation to genre - Well, this story have more connection to historical fiction than mystery/thriller, from my observation.

*Time setting - Timing is noted in the story.

*Character development - The characters; Sadiq, Kamal and Abdoull were fully developed. Each had his own poise and traits. Kamal has a striking personality and acts intelligent all the time, that's a good quality.

3. Story Tone

*Grammar - Good grammar and few punctuation errors which can be corrected when editing.

*Dialogue - Dialogue among the characters was done well. Each character had his own unique voice. The use of dialogue tags at the right time gave the conversation life. Nice work.

*Choice of words - Good choice of words

*Chapter flow - Story flowed evenly from chapter to chapter. Beautifully done.

*Writing voice - Yes about your writing voice, there is probably a thin line between your writing voice and Kamal's point of view. The story is written strongly from the first person point of view and it left no room for the imagination. The writer unarguably filled up every space with Kamal's thoughts and imagination which to a point, can be suffocating while reading. But it worked well with the book.

4. Plot development - The story fully blossomed by chapter 10 and 11, when Kamal was arrested or something. Reading through the adventures and experiences of the 'three friends' I couldn't help but wonder if this story has a beginning, middle and an end. Each chapters unwinds to new adventures and surprises, happening in such a way that its end is not predictable.

You might want to make it clearer what the guys really are.

According to the history of Bosha at the beginning of the book...

Are they rights activists? Politicians? Warriors? Fighters? Soldiers?

Are they hustling for something, or more?

(Maybe it was mentioned but I didn't get it.)

*Writing style - You write like a scholar. Writing style is very professional and educating.

5. Personal thoughts - 'Tributes to mischief' is a really good book that requires loads of patience to read. Writing style is highly professional and organized. Each sentence is wooven with intricacy and knowledge. This shows that the writer has done a lot of research and reading. Really good work. The geographic settings are on point. The tone of the writer is clearly relatable.

I think this book suits the historical fiction genre better.

*Overall - I love the beauty of the book. It's encouraging. Good work. Ten out of ten!

#####