Review 51 @Amaboo

Book : Scars of Armor
Author : Amaboo

REVIEW

Summary : The summary did not really translate the intensity of the powerful messages that the poems possessed. You can use some excerpts from a poem that literally interprets the title scars of armor and create a matching summary with it.

Opening Poem Review : The opening poem was totally badass! I felt like I was reciting some wakanda anthem. It is extra super. Well written. The right words, flowing with the right emotions was amazing.

Form/Structure (aesthetics) : Each poem had its unique structure. Some was written in simple sentences, others had compound sentences but most importantly the beauty of each poem stood out.

Rhythm/Diction : Though the poems where not written in rhymes or rhythms, there is a strong command of english that evoked power in the poems, especially the first five poems.

Grammar/Spelling : Grammar and spelling is on point.

Figure of speech/Imagery : Each poem had its own share of imagery. Especially with the diction used to describe certain emotions like, fear, pain, hunger, loss, Power, politics etc

The poem titled 'the ocean is a liar' had a deep sense of meaning to me, while I read it.

Flow of poems : Poems flowed strongly from chapter to chapter gradually building up to a positive climax.

Emotional vividness : Each poem evoked feelings of strong, powerful emotions.

Message : Messages was strongly translated in the poems.

Uniqueness : The title of each poems was like an introduction of what is yet to come. The poem titles gave the poems a lift and each one worked perfectly and in sync with the contents of the poem.

Content Realised : I'm so sure the writer fully explored her emotions in the poetry world, by writing about these poems related to the scars of the armor.

Handling an armor is not done as easily as we think it, it takes pain, hate, love, loss, power, weakness and strength which gives us scars that make us stronger.

I got this little message from the book. It's quite motivating.

Personal thoughts : I don't do poetry that much but when I see a good one I applaud it. This piece is beautiful. I hope you have plans to make a paperback copy or something because I would love to add it to my collection.

Overall : It's a ten from me!

#####