Review 28 @watchermelon

Book: Different in a good way.
Author: Watchermelon

REVIEW

1. First chapter blues

*  Summary / prologue - Summary was well written.

*  Intro to main character - The characters Liam, Kiara, Clayton and Abigail are the main characters. There was no full background story about them, like their families and how they are connected with having super power. Their names are really catchy.

*  Intro to story - There was no informal introduction to the 'science fiction/superpower' story.

*  Intro to genre - I think you should limit the school stuff and focus on creating a story line for the super power part, because every reader will be itching to read about that.

2. Story Settings

*  Description - Description was good for a start. I see the characters photos, but it's still necessary to include their facial expressions, hand gestures, feelings, skin shades and mood in their dialogues.

*  Theme - The themes of the story I believe is still cooking. Hoping to read more chapters.

*  Intrigue / Suspense factor - There is little intrigues in some chapters, because readers will be more curious to know more about their super power story.

*  Relation to genre - Story is related to genre.

*  Time setting - Timing was noted in the story.

*  Character development - Good character development for school life of the four kids. But I think a little info about their families and personal lives is also important.

3. Story Tone

*  Grammar - No punctuation issues.

*  Dialogue - Dialogue was relatable for the teen boys and girls. But it wasn't pushing the story forward. They only talked about casual things relating to only school stuff.

*  Choice of words - Good diction.

*  Chapter flow - Story flowed from chapter to chapter. A little suggestion, instead of starting a chapter with the usual character actions, try describing the location where she is, and what is happening around her, then continue from their.

*  Writing voice - Good writing voice and related well with the characters pov. You can also use your narrative voice to tell expand on the plot and let readers know what is happening with the characters private lives and all.

4. Creativity

*  Plot development - Plotting is good for now. If I can suggest, chapter one and two can be joined as a chapter, while three and four can be joined as one chapter. Because there is no much story or action going on to elongate the chapters to four.

Since this is a super hero story, it's better to get down to the actions sooner before readers get bored with so many school activities.

*  Writing style - It feels like the four povs have made you, the writer, have multiple personalities. You're literally switching from Abigail person, to Liam, from Liam person to Clayton. Etc
It ain't easy sister. But keep going, as you practice writing more, your writing style will have a balance and develop strongly.

5. Personal thoughts - 'Different in a good way' has a good story line going on. The characters are all set and prepared for the super task ahead. I also hope the writer will do justice to this book.

The cover is cool, just the font size makes it a little difficult to see what is written.

*  Overall - Good luck to you as you make more chapters! You getting a 8.5 out of 10!

#####