Review 15 @_itz_shifana

Book: Being an Indian girl
Author: _itz_shifana

REVIEW

1. First chapter blues

* Summary / prologue - Prologue was well written. It contained the right information to pull readers in.

* Intro to main character - Aisha, our main character was well introduced with the right info just needed to kick start the first chapter. Good.

* Intro to story - The story was already taking shape as I read through chapter one. Good.

* Intro to genre - This a chicklit genre, and it was beautiful introduced too. Aisha as the main themed character. Nice.

2. Story Settings

* Description - Description was in fact not too much, not too little, just the right amount to keep the story pace going. Really good.

* Theme - The themes are set right in line with the story.

* Intrigue / Suspense factor - The fact that things had already started happening to the Aisha before the story began was intriguing. Each chapter had a sense of suspense as you never know what to expect in the next chapter. Good.

* Relation to genre - Without wasting much time on irrelevant issues, the story hit the nail on the head and was related to the genre.

* Time setting - Good inclusion of timing to the scenes.

* Character development - The characters was well developed with good background information. From the way Aisha mutters to herself each time she's provoked, to the way Fawad talks non stop, gave an insight to the characters.

3. Story Tone

* Grammar - There was no punctuation issues. Paragraphing was neat and sentences well arranged.

* Dialogue - The dialogues was smooth and engaging.

* Choice of words - Words was soft and melancholic. Beautiful for the settings of the story.

* Chapter flow - Chapter flowed nicely. Each scene unfolded with the beginning of a new chapter. Very creative.

* Writing voice - Writer had a natural story telling voice. You made sure to balance it with the appropriate hints of captivating descriptions. Nice.

4. Creativity

* Plot development - From the beginning of the first chapter, I can say that you have a great story plot with a touch of professionalism.

* Writing style - Writing style is really professional. (I'm imagining the writer with some gray hairs in the sides of her hair and eyebrows, with a large eye glasses resting on her long nose.) You have a strong writing style.

5. Personal thoughts - 'Being an Indian girl' Is well written. It really felt like I was reading an Indian classic novel. Seriously, I don't know why you asked to review this book, it's an honor to be chosen to do it.

Hats off to you, Ms. Shifana.

Stories surrounding women and what they go through is a little sensitive topic, but surprisingly there was no unnecessary clichéd women negativity portrayed in the first chapter. Instead we see a calm, youthful girl, taking her time to grow up and take each day step by step. This piece will really pull in more readers. Readers will want to know how Aisha overcomes her life's obstacles and what lies in store for her in the future. Really excellent vibes.

You have a great story going on. There's literally no issues wrong with you book or writing.

* Overall - Good story, perfect story line. Relatable and captivating characters. Read this book guys. I love it!

10 out of 10!

#####