Assistant // Peter Parker

Selene took her imitation-Beats off her ears and put them carefully in her bag, hitching the satchel strap up her shoulder while she approached the front desk of Stark Industries. The receptionist looked up and smiled at her. She grinned back.

   "Hey, Marc." She beamed. He leaned on his forearms.

   "How does this beautiful young woman know my name? Why, and she sounds just like Selene too, it truly is uncanny." He winked back. 

   "Wow, I'm not sure who this Selene is, but that also happens to be MY name. What are the chances?"

   "Slim to none, and yet." Marc grinned at her while she fiddled mindlessly with the latch on her bag.

   "What're you doing here, I thought your internship finished?"

   "It did, it has, but now..." Selene paused dramatically and Marc leaned back, opening his arms expectantly.

   "Tony Stark employed me as his assistant!" She burst and leapt into the air quickly, clapping twice in excitement. Marc gasped and put his hand on his heart.

   "He DID?"

   "He did, he did, he did. I'm actually here to pick up my ID card, Mr Stark said they'd keep it here for me, for security reasons."

   "None of this Mr Stark stuff, Selene," Tony appeared from nowhere, wrapping his arm around the girl's shoulders. They gave each other a grin, "You know it's Tony. Are you excited?"

   "Hell yeah." She replied, and Tony started leading her away. She waved quickly at Marc, who waved back and gave her and okay with his fingers.

   "Good to hear it. Now, while you get settled into the compound, I'm going to have an... intern show you the ropes and whatnot. Now, as your first task," Tony grinned, "Come and annoy Pepper with me."

~

   A boy with angelic, messy curls walked into Tony's office, then stopped dead when he saw the girl at the desk beside his mentor's. She looked up from the papers she was sorting and smiled.

   "Hey, Pete. This is Selene Miller, she's my new assistant. I told you about her?"

   His eyes didn't move from Selene's.

   "Yeah, you... uh, yeah." Selene gave him a small smile and blushed lightly, looking back down at the papers she was putting in chronological order for Tony. Her bag was open beneath the desk and headphones were discarded on it. She'd been listening to her own stuff through headphones so as not to disturb Tony, but he'd told her to play her stuff. Surprisingly, he didn't mind her Motown "trash" (her words, not Tony's - he actually really liked it), and they were both singing the lyrics before long, smiling and nodding along.

   "Hey." Selene smiled simply, giving him a quick wave before slotting another few papers into a box. She could feel his eyes on her while she moved, leaning back to slot the box onto the shelf with the others.

   "So, Spiderling, what're you here for?" Tony asked, leaning forward and resting his chin on his clasped hands.

   "Spiderling?" Selene giggled quickly, glancing between the two.

   "Huh?" Peter asked, mild fear and panic in his eyes. 

   "That's such a weird nickname. How'd you get it?" She asked, drumming the end of her pen on the desk. Peter looked even more scared by that point, sweating and opening and closing his mouth without making any sounds.

   "Because he's scuttly." Tony answered quickly and nodded to punctuate himself. Selene giggled a little again and then paused, and nodded.

   "Yeah, he's hovering in the doorway. Scuttly. Hiding. You mind if I call you that? Spiderling?" She asked, skipping over two songs. Peter's eyes lit up a little but he tried to play it cool.

   "Uh, yeah, I don't- I don't mind. You can if you wanna, but, um..."

   "I will. Sorry, you two are probably discussing something important, I'm gonna headphone it up till I leave now. Throw somethin' if you need me Tony. See you later, Spiderling." Selene smiled and plugged her headphones into her phone, sorting through papers mindlessly for hours, until five rolled around and Tony told her she could go home. 

   "See ya, Tony." She smiled, slinging her satchel over her shoulder and waving on her way out. Tony glanced up and gave a quick beam, waving, then turned back to his work. Selene sighed tiredly as she wandered down the hall, stopping for a second to swap her heels for Converse and continue. Just as she'd managed to find herself at another dead-end corridor, she turned and found Peter coming out of a room. She sighed in relief and ran to catch up with him.

   "HEY! SPIDERLING! Jesus Christ, I haven't run since forever, I should really do that more often." Selene giggled, tucking her hair behind her hair and walking in sync with Peter.

   "Hey, Selene."

   "Sorry, I'm really fucking lost right now, I was just gonna ask if you knew how to actually leave this place." 

   "Yeah, yeah, I do, I can- I can show you. If you- If you'd like." He stuttered and she smiled shyly.

   "Yeah, I would like, thank you." They walked amicably, giggling like children and talking about anything and everything. Selene couldn't be sure, but she really thought she passed the same extremely unique vase of flowers more than five times. Finally they got to the entrance and she smiled at him, facing him on the stairs.

   "Thanks for showing me out, Spiderling. I'll see you tomorrow."

   "Yeah, yeah, of course." Selene turned to leave but Peter quickly caught her arm. "Do you, um, after work, you wanna go and grab some coffee or... um, I-"

   Selene blushed and quickly kissed his cheek, standing on her tiptoes in her trainers to reach properly.

   "I hate coffee. Let's get tea."

~~~~~

god it is 1:21 am and i am t i r e d

havin a sleepover

bein social

u know me

i'm working on a smut (UGH)

and it's gonna get posted

and y'all are gonna hate me

but i'm anon

so i'm trying to tell myself i don't have to worry

whatever

watching i, tonya w KaceRM in the living room rn

and oof

hand me some seb

all day every day

adore

much love for my loves

viv x