Lip Sync Battle // Sebastian Stan

Jeremy, finally, left you be to start teaching the backup dancers something to what you'd planned. The Lip Sync Battle was something you'd always wanted to participate in, ever since you saw Tom Holland's to Umbrella, and now you were with Sebastian - it felt positively dreamlike. You'd arrived at eight that morning and had managed to trash talk Sebastian at various times during the day, assist with the finishing touches to your outfit, style your wig yourself (your best friend was a cosplayer in high school. And not a chill one that only went to conventions on their birthday or something - one that went every other weekend and often went to Target dressed as Sailor Moon. Of course, as her best friend, you occasionally got roped into assistance with her costumes, and you proved particularly talented with wigs. No-one at the studio knew how you were so great with the wig, and you weren't about to tell them), and learn the routine. Everything had to be perfect - this was YOUR day.

   You exhaled slowly and closed your eyes, calming your nerves.

   "Nervous I'm gonna thrash you?" Sebastian asked from behind you, making you jump. You rolled your eyes and grinned, spinning your chair round and flipping the idea board over so he couldn't see it.

   "Sorry, what? I just couldn't hear you over my imminent success." You teased back, quirking your eyebrow at him.

  "That's fighting talk right there."

   "No, it's WINNING talk, sweetheart."

   "You're really gonna come out with something like that, kitty bitch?"

   "Oh my God, stop calling me a kitty bitch, I said it once." You groaned, referring to the time he'd stalked your Twitter and come across one from years ago, where you said his character saying that in Hot Tub Time Machine was the best part of the movie. It became a fond, teasing nickname between the two of you - the original meaning was totally lost.

   "Yeah, you like it though, kitty bitch."

   "Shut up."

   "K-i-i-i-i-tty bitch."

   "I'd get my name right because I might let you touch the belt when I win, if you're nice."

   Sebastian laughed, then reached out to touch your face. You let him, angling your head towards his outstretched hand without thought.

   "Good luck."

   "Unlike you, I won't need luck."

~~~~~

   The opening bars to Old Town Road started to play and all you could do from the sidelines was clap your hand over your mouth in complete and utter shock. You'd anticipated something weird, surprising, just something SEBASTIAN, but this what never what you'd think. For a second you wondered if you were imagining it, but no, Sebastian appeared in a cowboy getup, and the audience got impossibly loud. It was crazy.

   Sebastian glanced at you while he mouthed the words and you shook your head, crossing your arms over your chest and smirking. You knew he was killing it, and you hated it - but not as much as you hated how fucking great he looked in his western regalia. Goddamn his beauty.

   The second he finished, you flipped him off, then ran away to have the make-up and hair people hurriedly add everything you didn't want to reveal to your head. You stepped out of your robe and shifted your dress a little, then went to the place above the stage you'd been told to go. There the silk sheet you had to drape yourself across hung from the ceiling, ropes attaching it there, though the audience wouldn't be able to see them. The ropes were what had completely convinced you to do it the way you were - sheer terror of the silk splitting prevented you from doing it without the ropes. According to Jeremy, they could hold the weight of five cars; that was enough to make you okay with it.

   Isla helped you up onto it and you carefully entangled your limbs in it, still carefully to make sure the dress covered you appropriately. Isla smiled at you.

   "Don't worry about falling. The water'll break your fall."

   "But I'll look stupid." You said pathetically. Isla laughed.

   "You'll make a splash."

   You smiled before you could stop yourself, leaning back in position. "Fuck your beautiful pun." 

   Gangsta by Kehlani, from Suicide Squad, started to play, and you were lowered, heart in your throat and hands shaking. Below you, the stage was decorated loosely like the date night scene, to match the outfit you wore, but the chemical bath from later on lay beneath you. Your skin broke out in a cold sweat at the sight of that bubbling, yellowish (a whole lot of bath bombs, all scented heady lemon) water in your peripheral. You squeezed the fabric tighter and started to lip sync, drawing yourself up to the sound of screaming and stomping feet, and somewhere behind you, Sebastian screaming no. You smirked as you whipped your head toward the audience, blonde-pink-and-teal hair bouncing and red lips exposing your teeth. 

   "I'm... up." You stuck your tongue out in place of the curse and the audience went wild again while you ran over what you'd practised beforehand, dangling upside down and swinging back and forth almost teasingly. You felt large hands on your waist and fell back, letting a male dancer catch you and place you safely on the floor, away from the chemical bath and you did your routine, you smiled, you winked, you danced on Sebastian because you knew what your outfit was doing to him, then you went back to the sheet for the final lines. 

   "That's just what ganstas do..." The audience screamed with you, and you smirked, then dropped into the chemical bath. You resurfaced and threw your arms up in triumph, then looked at Sebastian, who was running to you and holding his hands out to help you.

   "Who's the kitty bitch now?"

~~~~~

heya lovelies

i forgot to mention when i posted yesterday

but

i got a subject improvement award at school in the end of year awards assembly

guess what for?

music!

my unmusical ass!

anyway, i hope you guys liked this one

and the reference to hot tub time machine

blaine could hit me with that ski patrol thing any.day.

and the outfit makes me feel a way

ooh it really does

i'm going out w a friend tomorrow

so look at me gettin that Social Life

last year i just stayed at home all summer and wrote fanfiction and played bubblewitch and solitaire

but i got Plans this year

everything crossed they don't fall through

otherwise i'll have nothing annoying to put in my a/ns!!

also yesterday i finally got an endgame poster for my bedroom:))

viv x