Kitchen Counter // Sebastian Stan

Erin bumps into the counter when someone walks into her like she isn't there, holding onto the edge to stay stable. The cool surface is slick with spilled drink and she takes her hands back as soon as she can. Whatever it is is wiped on her skirt and she reaches for a cup and a bottle of whatever's nearest. She sips and nearly chokes at the strength of it.

"Shit, they found my expensive stuff." Someone sighs and she glances at them. It's a guy - tall, well-built, prettier than anyone she has ever seen - and he's inspecting the gang of bottles huddled together in front of them. He looks at Erin and breaks a small smile.

"Uh, sorry about... that. I'm not normally this cheap, I swear." He jokes and she laughs, sipping again.

"Don't worry about it. I mean, there's a reason I come to parties."

"What, to drink other people's alcohol?"

She nods, laughing. "Exactly that."

The guy laughs back and points to the cup in her hand. "So what of someone else's alcohol have you got there..."

"Erin," she holds her hand out for him to shake and he takes it. His shake is firm and his hands are huge, "And I'll admit, I haven't a clue."

The guy laughs a little, then takes a cup and pours himself something pink. "I'm Sebastian, by the way."

"Nice to meet you, Sebastian."

~

"How is this place such a mess?" Sebastian mumbles, scratching his head. The entire house is in disarray but the kitchen is the worst. Never has he seen so many cups - he didn't even buy that many. Erin slips on one and holds onto his arm for support. He looks at her for a moment, watching her explain the "game plan". She is still wearing his jacket, hanging off her shoulders and zipped to cover her completely. It looks amazing on her. He only gave it to her when he realised she was shivering in the cold of his en suite bathroom, but he never wants it back if it means she'll wear it again. They migrated there when someone vomited on Erin's boots; they brought  a bottle of vodka with them and drank from the bottle while they learned more about one another and cleaned the sick off her shoes. She sat swinging her legs on the counter beside the sink and he sat in the bathtub, both of them leaning forward every so often to share the vodka until they had drank every bit of what was left. She was really funny, and more than that she thought everything was funny. She didn't stop smiling, even if she was just listening to him talk. And every movement of her hands was like a dance, delicate and fascinating. She gestures now, pointing at the living room and sweeping her hand over the entire kitchen.

"...Got it?"

"Not at all." He says, grinning crookedly. Erin groans but still she smiles, then throws an empty cup at him.

"You're on bottles and spills, I'm on cups."

He salutes her rigidly, puffing up his chest and clicking his heels together. "Yes, boss."

"Get on it then, soldier." She smiles, flicking through her phone for music. She lands on Kehlani and they dance while they clean. Every so often Erin will start singing, shimmying her shoulders and winking at Sebastian. He watches her again now, unable to look away. She takes off her shoes when the floor is clean, padding around and sliding on the tiles in her socks. Sebastian tries to do the same thing and only just stops himself from flying into the counter. Erin crashes into it shamelessly.

"Look at us go! Look at what we did! She exclaims when the kitchen is clean.

"Team work makes the dream work." Sebastian nods absently. Erin splutters.

"Shut up, Sebastian," she teases, stepping back into her unlaced boots, "Now we tackle the living room."

"Do we have to?" Sebastian sighs, resting his hands on his hips. Erin mockingly does the same thing.