After The Storm // Chris Evans

~read the storm chapter for some context before you begin x~

   The room was too bright for your eyes, as bright as that fucking meteor, and sitting up the second you became conscious paired with blinding white was enough to make you fall off the side of the bed, the scream already parting from your lips intensifying when you hit the floor. Chris was up in an instant, Dodger following his example and barking quickly. You clapped your hands over your mouth and sobbed into your palm, looking down at where the edge of the comforter touched the sleek black linoleum you were now huddled on rather than looking at Chris, who was no doubt trying to work out what had woken him. The comforter twitched and a quiet pat sound accompanied the movement, and it didn't take long for Chris to work out you weren't in the bed with him anymore. You already knew Dodger was chasing his hand.

   "Y/n? Y/n, are you okay? Where are you?" He mumbled, voice hoarse and dry.

   "Here." You said quietly, another tiny accidental sob punctuating the single word. You could hear a confused arf that could've been from Chris, Dodger or both, but in seconds Chris was falling off the bed just like you did and scooping you up off the floor and squeezing too tight for comfort, but somehow it was grounding. The tips of your toes didn't even come close to the floor, but you knew Chris wouldn't drop you, and that felt soothing and comforting, and it eased the impossible weight of fear that the dream had left stained on your mind.

   "You had the dream?"

   You nodded, your forehead tapping his shoulder. You could feel Dodger licking your toes. You didn't bother to shrink away or smile.

   "You wanna watch a movie?" 

   You nodded again, then shifted your legs up around his hips so he could hold you better while he went downstairs. He put you on the sofa, kissing your the top of your head firmly before turning on the TV and putting on an old Steve Carell movie that he knew you liked just because it was stupid. He fell beside you and pulled your legs over his, slinging one arm around your shoulders and the other across your legs. 

   Less than a minute in, you were bawling your eyes out into the exposed flesh where Chris' neck met his shoulder while he gently kissed your hair and stroked your back.

   "I'm sorry it happened again."

   You sniffed and wiped your nose against the neck of his pyjama shirt. "Thank you, Chris. For being nice to me, I mean."

   "Anytime. Every time. I'm always here, y/n."

   You sighed, he stroked your hair, and you both fell asleep again before the movie even properly introduced Anne Hathaway.

~~~~~

i know i said i wouldn't do one a these

but for clarity:

it's half past twelve at night

i'm watching friends

i'm insanely exhausted

so this isn't any good

(i'm so sorry!)

but i didn't post today 

(or, technically, yesterday)

and i need to

big love for my loves

viv x