Dream // Peter Parker

You asked Peter to be your model for the photography project with your heart in your throat. For the months that you'd been attending the same mixed arts class, you'd been developing a fairly weighty crush on him, but you had no idea how to make him truly like you outside that community centre. May, the woman who ran the classes and who you idolised, had paired the two of you together on more than one occasion for bigger projects - like the Expression sculptures, the Inside short film and the Reality painting - and you couldn't adore her more for it. Every time it happened and the two of you met up out of class to execute what you'd planned, you could just feel a bond forming, and he usually looked as disappointed as you when one of you got to curfew or your parents asked for you home or Peter's watch beeped with a message and he up and went.

   You casually approached him while everyone was putting away their cameras at the end of a Friday after-school class. As the only two people who were stupid enough to forget your cameras, you had nothing to really do, and decided now was the perfect opportunity, what with the bustle and all.

   "Hey, Peter." You smiled openly, tucking your hands into the pockets of your loose trousers. He looked up from where he'd been staring at the floor, and he smiled. His eyes were big, innocent, doe-like, and you wanted to cry at how pretty they were.

   "H- hey, hey, y/n."

   "I was just, um," you tried to lean against the desk he was sat at in the hopes it would be smooth and nonchalant. Instead, the table scraped to the side with the sudden weight from one side and you hastily righted yourself. Everyone stared at you for a quiet second then went back to their own business. You blushed furiously and tried again, "I was, uh, wondering if you'd want to maybe, uh, I don't know, like, um- I don't know, I just- I need someone to model in my pictures because I already have the concept ready but it involves a person so I was just wondering if you'd... want to."

   You could feel all remaining self-respect snort in your face and leave your body.

   "Really?" He asked, eyes lighting up. You smiled hopefully.

   "If it's too much don't worry about it, I can... I can ask Flash maybe-"

   "No, please, don't," Peter cut quickly, glancing at the boy over your shoulder, "It's just, I was gonna ask you the same thing."

   You choked on your mint.

   "Seriously?"

   "Yeah! Because I know this place, and I thought you'd... fit it."

   That boy so knew what he was talking about - he did with all projects, but most of the time the execution was a little off. He was a nerd, and facts were definitely more his thing, but you loved everything he made just because it was so HIM.

   "I mean, if you're, um, free tomorrow we can do it then..."

   "Sure thing!" He replied instantly, standing from his chair. It scraped backwards and May glanced over, then she just smiled a little smugly and looked back at Lillian, who was crying about something that happened to her camera, "I can give you my, uh, my phone numbers and you can tell me when and where and stuff..."

   "Yeah, of course, or I can give you mine and- No, wait, um, yeah I'll just text you later. So um, the unknown number's gonna be me, please don't ignore it." You laughed shyly, taking your phone back from Peter with hands twice as shaky as his. You smiled at him excitedly and he beamed back, eyes locked and the world a lot softer than it was a second ago.

~

   You carefully twitched your T-shirt straight and shifted stance, the tops of your new shoes digging painfully into your ankles. You and Peter had agreed that for the morning, they could do your shoot, then they'd grab lunch (like a boyfriend and girlfriend would grab lunch, you thought), then in the afternoon it was Peter's turn. You had tried to bring as little miscellaneous rubbish with you as possible because you didn't know how far away Peter's destination was and you didn't fancy walking for miles with a tonne of bricks on your back. He had let on nothing about it - only that it was perfect for the "Dream" assignment.