Best Man // Tom Holland

"Harrison!" You beamed, throwing your arms around your best friend's brother and squeezing. He was getting married, and you were insanely happy for him. You'd known each other for years now, seeing one another every so often (but obviously, less than you saw Charlotte). You two were pretty comfortable around one another, and as far as secrets went, you knew both of each other's - it came as no surprise when you were the first out-of-family member to receive the news of the engagement. He squeezed back and drew away, grinning.

"Hey, y/n. You excited?"

"I think I'm supposed to be asking you." You teased back, then hastily reached forward and adjusted his bow tie. "So are you?"

"Uh huh," he grinned, pushing his hands into his pockets and trying not to move while you tutted at the sloppiness of the tie and began to redo it, "The weather's good, the food is perfect-"

"Priorities."

"-And I'm marrying the girl of my dreams. Yeah, I'm pretty excited."

"The girl of your dreams, eh?"

Harrison blushed profusely in reply.

"How did you meet her?"

"Haven't I told you before?"

"I just like hearing the story."

Harrison laughed, then started to rock back and forth on his heels. "I was at a club with Tom, and she looked pretty down so I bought her a drink, then we danced, and then we went back to her house and... you know... we..."

"You don't need to elaborate." You teased, sitting on the bay window seat. They were having the prettiest beach wedding, a hotel right behind for the off chance of a turn in the weather. You couldn't help but envy it.

"Well yeah, we did THAT, and then I couldn't find my car keys so she drove me back, then we got lost because neither of us really knew where we were going, and then next thing you know it's the first date, the second, the third, then we're engaged and now... we're getting married."

You smiled fondly at him. "It sounds so romantic."

"It's vomit-inducing when you hear it enough times." Charlotte announced, bumping open the door with her hip and dragging a man in with her. You giggled at the man's bemused, puppy-dog smile. He glanced at you, then looked to Harrison, then instantly went to look back at you. You blushed as a reflex and wondered whether you'd ruined your make-up, your hair was a mess, your top was exposing your nipples-

"Y/n?" Charlotte sang, poking you in the side. You jumped, then glanced around. Everyone was looking at you expectantly.

"Yes, no, hi nice to meet you?" You blurted out quickly, deciding to cover the basic three answers to whatever someone had said to you before realising how stupid it sounded. Harrison laughed at you openly, as did Charlotte, but the other guy just smiled at you with the widest, most innocent, adorable eyes. As if the weather wasn't already melting you, you might as well be a fuckin' snowman and the other guy was the sun engulfing the entire planet because it was not POSSIBLE for you to melt any more-

"Tom asked you a question." Charlotte giggled. Ah. The sunshine man is called Tom. A cute name. For a cute man. It makes sense.

"Did I not answer it?" You asked, turning to look at your friend, who had taken a seat beside you.

"Yeah, but then you unanswered it." Harrison stated, grinning at you. You blushed even harder, then looked at the sunshine man- Tom. His name is Tom.

"Can you, uh, repeat what you said please?" You said, as confidently as possible which, on reflection, wasn't confident in the slightest.

"I asked if you were excited." He said softly and your entire stomach flipped. Of course this man sounds good. God dammit, he's gonna have that kink where you like pissing on people, isn't he? You can't just be THAT perfect. It's not possible.