Kitty Cat // Bucky Barnes

Penny could tell Bucky was wearing that trademark shit-eating grin before she'd even turned around to see it. She could hear it in his jaunty whistle and feel it in the footsteps on the concrete, smell it on his aftershave and sweat. She didn't move from where she lay in a low-swinging hammock, soaking in the sun and listening to Marvin Gaye through 80s style disco headphones, volume on low so she could hear anything that went on around her. She wore a bikini top and shorts and could feel Bucky's eyes bore into her skin in an unusually ungentlemanly way. The thought made her smile before she stopped herself - paired with that smirk, she knew what kind of mood he was in, and she'd be damned if she'd encourage him.

   "Hey, kitty cat!" He hollered and Penny fought another smile, taking off her headphones and looking at him over the top of her sunglasses. He was oiled up with seat, glistening on his tan skin, and his hair was damp with it. His jeans were worn low and she could see his V-line, leading to a place she (secretly) wanted to see. He was a sight for sore eyes, and Penny couldn't help but subtly enjoy her view.

   "You know you can't call me that." She replied simply. He smirked and leaned against a wooden board holding up the porch. Tony wasn't exactly great at the whole "good idea" concept, but the retreat he'd forced everyone on wasn't turning out too badly. The house they all shared, they were informed, was his own, with Pepper and Morgan. Morgan had taken an immediate shine to Penny, to her delight, after she helped her build a fort in the garden - it was way better that the one Tony had assisted with, she was informed. That day, the house was pretty much deserted. Most everyone had gone of on a jaunt to the nearest cinema (Penny was told the name of the movie they were seeing but couldn't for the life of her remember what it was), Pepper and Tony were out with Morgan on a trip to California to see the sea, and that left Bucky and Penny. Bucky said he needed to fix his bike, and Penny was just already relishing the idea of all that alone time in the garden. She didn't mention it, but before she became an Avenger, the closest thing to greenery she saw was projected on a TV screen, and the sight of wilderness in person is nothing compared to that caught on a low-quality camera for a low-budget movie. And the smell was something she didn't even consider - to her, everywhere on the planet smelled like damp laundry and weed.

   "Why not?" Bucky asked, still proudly wearing the smirk.

   "Because I'll claw your eyes out."

   "See! Such a kitty cat!"

   Penny rolled her eyes and leaned back on the hammock.

   "Why're you bothering me again?"

   "Just gonna ask if you wanted to explore the woods down there with me."

   "Buck, everyone-"

   "Ooh, Buck is it now? Kitty cat, I told you, if you give me a nickname it's DADDY-"

   "I'm gonna shoot you, I swear to God I will if you don't shut your ass."

   "What does that even mean?"

   "It means," Penny looked over the top of her sunglasses, "You're spewing shit."

   Bucky instantly burst out laughing, leaning back and pointing at Penny. She rolled her eyes again and left her sunglasses on the book she'd tossed onto the thick grass beneath the hammock, slipping her feet into sliders and starting towards the woods Bucky mentioned that surrounded the parts of Tony's ranch that weren't already by the lake. She could hear Bucky jogging after her and easily matching her pace, so she took her headphones off but kept them around her neck, music off. 

   They walked, and they talked, and for possibly the first time Penny had been around him, Bucky didn't flirt to the point of inappropriate with her. He told her about his arm, and the 40s, and the things he didn't like to remember but wanted to for her and just her. In return, she told him about the past that even Tony was patchy on, and they didn't stop walking for even a second, trekking endlessly in what they both knew were circles until the sun had set and they finally returned to the ranch. It was shrouded in the dull glow of dusk, light flickering onto Bucky's face from the orange lake.

   Penny didn't know how to end a talk like that; she had never had anyone care so deeply that they'd hear every unnecessary detail of her stories. She paused, and with the hesitation, Bucky took it as a cue to lean in, cup her face with his flesh hand to truly feel what he was about to do, and pressed his lips onto hers, slow enough for her to stop it if she needed to.

   She melted at his touch, and she tangled her fingers in his hair and she tasted the bubblegum they'd both popped while walking. 

   "Ya know, kitty cat," Bucky breathed into the woman's mouth, "I'd expected a little more bite."

   Penny, even in her delight-high state, managed a characteristic smirk and eyebrow raise. 

   "I can show you bite."

~~~~~

it was okay, right?

i think i liked it

had something i can only describe as an episode yesterday

i want to change myself

desperately

or hurt myself

hurting was easier

and i couldn't change myself - hair takes too long to grow to a bearable length, which i learned the hard way in september last year

so i had to tell my mum to tell me to stop

because i have no respect for myself and have never listened to a single thing i've ever thought or tried to do

and so i started to cry

and watched a movie in my room until too late at night

and slept in my mum's room like the baby i am

she snores

real loud

but it was comforting, kinda

if anyone ever feels like that, dm me

let's talk

i'm open

anyway, requests? please?

yea i should stop asking for them ooooppss

love for my loves

viv x