Top Gun // Tom Holland

"SOMEONE GET A MEDIC! SHE'S BLEEDING!"

Jeez, you're talking a little loud don't you think? Emilio watches me in horror for a second, then because he is a stoic teenage heartthrob, kneels to me and pushes my hair from my face, tender and almost loving. I can already see the headlines - "NO-NAME ACTRESS SAVED BY THE ONE AND ONLY EMILIO, SWOON!" Like wow Susan, that's really the most concerning problem in this day and age and a whole article of shitty pictures of us taken by his hoard of fan girls watching him work was totally necessary. You are wasting that three year journalism course, Susan. Do better.

"Are you okay?" Emilio is trying to make his voice soft and husky but he's practically yelling so people can hear. I flinch, then turn my head to the side to spit blood onto the floor. The gaggle of girls scream. 

"Emilio, I am spitting blood." I say, though he knows that because he has drawn back. He would not like to get blood on his pretty face or his pretty clothes. He nods, then is struck with inspiration. He scoops me up to carry me bridal-style and I groan.

"I can walk-"

He shushes me and in shock, I do shut up. See, no matter how much I despise what this man is - desperate to be adored by thirteen-year-olds everywhere and willing to do anything to have it that way - he really is gorgeous. He runs with me in his arms, his face pinched with concentration (he clearly didn't think this through), and we arrive at the med office with a bang. He kicks the door open and places me in a chair with clunky grace. There's a nurse on me in less than a second, moving me to one of the beds and starting to wipe my blood, asking me questions that i answer with mild difficulty. Emilio stands close by, holding my hand even though I would rather he didn't - I scraped my hands and he's making it sting more.

"You're gonna be okay, I promise."

Yeah, I know. 

~

Emilio is finally, finally gone and the nurse who helped me says I can stay here for a while if I want to while the director decides whether or not they can patch together today's footage for this scene so I can go home. The nurse says I sprained my wrist, which is a little inconvenient, but generally it's just scrapes and scratches and she's given me painkillers, so I'm managing. 

"But if you want to go back to your set you can, okay my love?" She says, smiling comfortingly at me.

"Thank you." I say, hopping off the bed and going for the back door. This isn't the first time I've ended up injured on set and I know there's a little porch at the back of the office to get air or smoke or something. Last time I was here, Jacob Elordi and I shared a cigarette - it was magical.

I step outside now and the first thing I see is the view, the wall of another set. And that's sort of it. The air is still sticky and the sun is even brighter. I glance to my side and sat with his back to the wall is Tom Holland - we met once before, a couple of years ago at an audition for a role I didn't land. I hope he doesn't remember. He looks up at me, so I slowly walk closer and sit beside him.

"Hey." I say, then turn my head to face him.

"Hi." He replies, and smiles a little. I do that same back.

"I'm y/n."

"Tom."

We shake hands.

"What're you here for?"

He turns back to look at the set wall and I do the same. "Stunt went a bit off, you know. They offered to use my stunt double but I'm a brat, so."

I laugh at him a little and he grins.