Annoying // Steve Rogers

You found yourself smirking on the trip you were determined to not smile on. You, Bucky, Sam, Nat and (oh God) Steve had all agreed to go out on a boat. Where, who knows, you weren't driving; why, because everyone knew you and Steve had unresolved, unexplainable tension; when, apparently for the rest of your life. It sure felt that way, long sullen silences piercing your interactions with everyone you actually liked (you hadn't said a single solitary word to Steve since he told you your outfit was horrible and you'd told him to fuck a cactus in return). What finally gave you a little kick was when Steve stumbled on the way to the front of the boat.

   "Y/n-"

   "No." You replied easily, almost sweetly, before Steve could ask you the question you knew he would. Nat snickered from behind her magazine and Bucky flashed Steve with his arm, having taken a long amount of time finding out the best angle to properly (temporarily) blind people.

   "She's a big mood." Bucky grinned, tilting his arm forwards and backwards enough times to cause someone to have an epileptic fit. Steve covered his eyes and you glanced at Bucky. 

   "Did you just say big mood?"

   "Stark's kid told me about it." Bucky grinned, flexing his metal arm to try and catch Sam, emerging from below deck, off guard. He did - Sam stumbled backwards before he quickly covered his eyes with sunglasses, and then his forearm. 

   "Fuck you, Tin Man." Sam growled, sitting beside you and slinging his arm over your shoulders. 

   "I was gonna ask if you could help me find something, Jesus." Steve said, resting his hands on his hips. The one good thing about that man was the ease on the eyes - he apparently had no idea what his clothes size was, because every time you saw him those T-shirts just got smaller, and that bulge just became more prominent.

   "What, your virginity? You can't find something if it isn't lost, Steven." You replied drily, leaning back into Sam and high-fiving him without even looking back to do so. Nat held out her hand too, and Bucky, and you high-fived all three of them, all while smirking and staring Steve in the eyes. 

   "I thought you were older than 12, y/n."

   "Even if I was 12, I'd probably have had more action than you." 

   And everyone high-fived you again.

   "Stop being a child."

   "Stop being a dipshit."

   "That isn't a real word."

   "And I didn't think dumb asses were real creatures, but we all can all learn something new, huh?"

   "Apart from you, of course, Miss Dumb-Ass."

   "Please, call me Miss D. It only makes sense."

   "You what?"

   "You wouldn't understand, sweetheart."

   "Sorry," Nat said, smirking when she put her magazine down, "Can you two repeat that? Couldn't hear what you were saying over all this sexual tension."

   "Nat-"

   "DON'T POISON STEVEN! HE'S INNOCENT, HE PROBABLY DOESN'T EVEN KNOW WHAT SEX IS YET! DON'T CHANGE THE PURITY!" You said theatrically, watching Steve get more irritated while he fiddled with ropes, making knots tighter and looking like he wanted to tie one around your neck. He flung what he was doing down.

   "Y/n, can I talk to you?" He asked, voice allowing no room for discussion. You rolled your eyes while you got up, rolling your body a little when you stepped away from Sam and loosely rested your hands on your hips, feeling your own over-warm skin on your fingers and Steve's momentary gaze on the gap between your high-waisted shorts and yellow gingham vest top.