Make-Up // Sebastian Stan

"La dracu '! Rahat!" You cursed loudly, slipping into Romanian just to freely swear at work. For the fourth time, you had dropped those stupid make-up cases. Precious fucking Jenny couldn't take one damn case, could she? Oh no, out of the nine she'd brought with her, she couldn't even lower herself to bring one of the fuckers inside. You were on your sixth trip, realising only now it would take far too long to bring them in one by one so you had to open doors with your feet while trying to lug the cases around. You only thanked God that the cases were built out of fucking titanium or something because every time you dropped them, they didn't even dent.

   "Do you need some help with those?" A timid voice asked from behind you and you looked over your shoulder. A man - tall, with dark hair accenting a pale complexion and scruffy stubble, and even with similar colouring, he was undoubtedly hotter than you - smiled at you and gestured to the boxes you'd dropped. You smiled and instantly started to blush, tucking your hair behind your ears nervously.

   "If it's no trouble, I wouldn't want to... trouble... you... or if you're busy, don't feel like you have to or anything." 

   The man effortlessly picked both of them up. "Don't worry about it, it's no trouble." You started to walk through the lot after you hastily grabbed the last case from the boot of Jenny's car (you might as well). The wind whistled when it whipped through the wilderness surrounding all the trailers set up in the makeshift sawdust car park - you allowed yourself a moment to admire. The first day on any new set was always a good day for you, no matter what Jenny made you lug around. Just soaking up the atmosphere of bustle behind the scenes and serenity on set was enough to get you through the day (just).

   "So," the man started. You nearly dropped the case again, lost in a world of your own, "You know Romanian?"

   "Yeah, my family's Romanian. How did you, uh, how did you know that?"

   "You said something when I was walking past, while you were dropping these." He grinned and you groaned a little, realising he must know exactly what you had said.

   "Please don't tell anyone I said that. It pisses Jenny off enough when I say damn."

   "Secret's safe." He said solemnly and you glanced up at him, just to see if he was looking at you - if he wasn't you could ogle him freely. But no, he was looking back down at you, eyes crinkling at the corners with the promise of a smile. And now you had to make it look like you weren't just trying to drool over this man.

   "I'm Dawn. Or Ana. Whatever suits whoever's talking to me." You offered, using your stupid name to your advantage in the hopes it would spark a conversation not about you staring at him.

   "How do you get Dawn and Ana from the same name?" The man asked curiously. Bingo.

   "My full first name is Roxana - it means dawn, so I just used that when I was growing up over here. I don't even think I would've cared about having Roxana as my name, but in my first elementary school I got bullied for having what a those dumb kids called a pussy ass bitch name, which is not only mean but definitely not words that should've been in their day-to-day vernacular. I went to a party when I was, what, 15, though, and I met this girl from my new high school. She told me I didn't look like a Dawn, and I told her I wasn't, I was a Roxana, but she just asked if she could call me Ana. I did, she introduced me to her friends as Ana, and now I answer to either." You explained smoothly, gesturing with your free hand loosely. The name story was one you'd told people often, and it felt a little bit like reading from a script now, but you could never think of a better way to tell the tale. The man laughed a little, the corners of his eyes crinkling properly. The accidental motion made you blush, though you didn't for the life of you know why.

   "Do you mind if I just call you Roxana? Because I think it suits you."

   "Why, it's weird and people don't like it?" You asked drily, immediate response of course self-deprecation. The man laughed again.

   "Because it's cute."

   You blushed again, so furiously it was a wonder you didn't start to glow luminescent red. 

   "You can call me Roxana if you want, but it is not cute and neither am I. What do I call you?"

   "Sebastian. Nice to meet you, Roxana."

   "Pleasure." You replied sunnily, tossing your hair over your shoulder without taking your hands off the case and beaming at Sebastian.

   "So you're a make-up artist?" Sebastian asked and you shrugged.

   "I dabble. Right now I'm a make-up artist's assistant, but I write novellas and make short movies and all that jazz in my spare time. Plus, I'm in a questionable band called Perky Red Devils, not my idea, whenever anyone else can be bothered to meet up and try something."

   "Wow," Sebastian said, "You do a lot, huh?"

   "Yeah, just means I don't have to live with my parents anymore, they're even bigger assholes than I am. How about you?" You expected him to say a caterer, a cameraman, a costume artist (you just called them that because it sounded dramatic), because not only was he bothering to go out of his way to help you bring these stupid cases to the make-up trailer, a selfish part of you wanted him to be kind of unimportant so you could spend a bit more time with him while this movie was shooting - he intrigued you, but you couldn't work out why. Maybe because of the way he talked; with an almost unrecognisable Romanian twinge in his accent that you only knew because your own voice held the same quality.

   "I mean, I guess I'm an actor." He said sheepishly, looking down at the cases like he had a reason to be embarrassed.

   "Sweet! What have you been in?"

   "Uh, I was in, uh..."

   "Well they must be pretty great if you can remember them this easily." You joked, nudging him gently.

   Sebastian chuckled, then looked straight ahead, wetting his plump lips nervously. "I had a little part in, uh, this movie called Black Swan, and, uh, Hot Tub Time Machine, and The Martian, and like a couple other movies and stuff." 

   You dropped the case and gasped. "Oh my God you're THAT Sebastian!" Sebastian blinked at you.

   "You know me from those movies?"

   "Yeah, I loved you in The Martian! And I mean, the Avengers movies, but I guess they aren't worth a mention." You teased, picking up the case and continuing on your route. You could see the make-up trailer from here.

   "You like the Avengers movies?"

   "I mean, yeah, I'm a sane human being." You giggled, looking up at him again.

   You opened the door to the trailer with your foot even with a free hand and held the door open for Sebastian. He put the cases down carefully beside Jenny's chair, where she was burbling nonsense about misplaced products and terrible service and do you know who she works for. You smiled at Sebastian when he sat in the chair.

   "By the way," you said quietly, opening a case you knew what filled with bases, "I don't think Bucky's a villain. None of the bad things he did were his fault - he's better than his mistakes."

   Sebastian just grinned proudly, the crinkles turning your heart to mush until Jenny snapped at you to move from the work space until she required you.

~~~~~

wowee bois

i didnt update yesterday 

who am i

well i mean its because i didnt use my laptop or anything for most of the day

but whatever

i watched the little shop of horrors yesterday and 

I Want To Shoot That Dumb Hoe Audrey So Bad

like oh my god can she fucking fuck the fuckity frick frack off?

jeez

anyway, i hope y'all are good and well and enjoyed the fic even if i didn't;)

love for my loves,

viv x