part one: the robbery

Author's Note/ Intro:

hi besties! i'm writing this two years after starting this book. just wanted to let you know that the chapters start off short, but they get much longer. this is the book one of three, so please keep in mind that the characters WILL have development—this includes Lydia, the main character...trust me, you'll love her by the third book. this was my first book ever, so i apologize if the writing is cheesy or just overall not good in the beginning 😭

i love you! enjoy!

//

Lydia's POV:

I remember the night he came into my life so vividly. It's odd considering so much of our time together was a blur.

I had a shift at the little pub I had been working at for 3 years. It wasn't my ideal job but it was a paying one. Working that night were 2 other waitresses, a bartender and myself. The shift was moving rather slowly, with a few customers popping in every now and again. 

"Lyds, it's time for your break, love" James, the bartender, said from behind me. I turned to face him and he chuckled. I gave him a questioning look before he took hold of my shoulders, turning me around to face the window where I could see my reflection. My ponytail was lopsided with hairs sticking out every which way and, to sum it up, I looked ridiculous.

"Oh my god. I've served 5 people looking like this" James continued to laugh at me as I hit him on the shoulder and headed for the break room. James has been working at this pub long before I started. He was around 30 with two kids and so much potential. Way too much potential to be working at a tiny pub like this. He was hilarious. Truly, like he should have his own late night talk show or something. I loved working with James, he was so good at making me laugh.

I walked into the bathroom to attempt to fix the mess on my head. I combed my fingers through my blonde hair and pulled it back into a high ponytail. Once I had my hair under control I put my hands down on the counter and stared into my reflection, studying my face. I pursed my lips together, turning my head from side to side slowly. Taking a deep breath, I stepped away from the mirror.

My breath hitched when I heard a sudden crash outside the bathroom. It wasn't an uncommon sound as we're always dropping dishes and stuff like that, so it didn't really phase me. But following the first crash was yelling. It was pretty muffled but it was loud.

Another crash.

More yelling.

I was about to cautiously walk out of the bathroom but the door was slammed open by one of the waitresses, Tina. The sudden burst of the door caused me to yelp and Tina quickly grabbed me and pulled me into a stall, pinning me against her chest and putting her hand over my mouth. Something was wrong. My heart was beating out of my chest. She shushed me and whispered "We're being robbed"

My heart sank. I could feel my face getting hot and my breath quicken.

The yelling got louder and louder. I heard crying.

Two more crashes.

And finally...a powerful, deafening crack rang out. It echoed through the concrete walls. I cried out into Tina's hand, causing her to pull me closer. She was crying too, I felt her tears run down the back of my neck. This was real. This was happening. 

It was silent for a moment. Then the screaming started.

~

okay hi i've never written fan fiction before lol. i present to you the first chapter of "crumble". if you liked it please share it around and leave any input you have in the comments. i have so many plans for this story so stay tuned mothafuckers. love u.