part forty eight

^me reading yall's reactions to the end of the last chapter knowing it's only about to get worse and y'all are gonna kill me.

anyway, here it is.

Lydia White

I woke up in the middle of the night due to an uneasy feeling in my gut.

I felt like something was wrong, and when I patted Harry's side of the bed to wake him up...it only made the feeling deepen.

Harry wasn't in bed. He wasn't laying next to me like he usually would be.

His phone wasn't on the bedside table either. I grew even more nervous and stood out of bed.

I put on a pair of pyjama pants, as I fell asleep in the clothes from the night before. I threw on one of Harry's hoodies and exited the room, praying Harry would be somewhere else in the apartment.

"Harry?" I call over the railing of the staircase.

No reply.

My stomach twists uncomfortably.

I walk down the stairs and search all around the apartment, calling his name and panicking more and more when he doesn't answer.

Living room. Nothing.

Kitchen. Nothing.

Dining room. Nothing.

He's not here.

I feel dread fill my heart. I tried to justify it by thinking that maybe he was with one of the boys, or down in his office.

But deep down, I knew something wasn't right.

I couldn't think straight. My head was going through so many different scenarios.

So, for some reason, my first instinct was to go to Louis' apartment.

Louis was Harry's best friend, and if Harry wasn't with him, then something was up.

Also I know that if Harry was in trouble, Louis would be on it right away.

I took the elevator down a few floors until I reached Louis' door. Like Harry, he was the only one on his floor.

I knocked on the door and Louis immediately opened it with a beer bottle in his hand. His face fell extremely confused when he saw me, probably because we don't really talk unless Harry's around.

"Lydia?" he furrows his brows.

"Louis. Harry's not at home. I don't know what to do. I panicked, so I came here." I say in a worried tone.

"Uh." he says in confusion. "Come in." he opens the door more so I can enter.

"Thanks." I say, walking in.

"You said Harry's not home?" he says, looking for confirmation.

"Yes. I couldn't find him anywhere." I pace around Louis' living room, pulling slightly at my roots.

"Okay, okay. Relax. Have you tried calling him?" Louis says, trying to calm me down.

"N-no." I mumble, feeling slightly stupid. Calling him would have been the obvious thing to do, but I was panicked and no thinking straight.

"Well let's do that before we start jumping to conclusions." Louis pulls out his phone and dials Harry's number.

We go into his kitchen as the phone rings. Louis sets the phone on speaker and rests it on the countertop.