part forty seven

Lydia White

"Harry you look great, stop freaking out." I say, following a nervous and pacing Harry around the apartment.

We were going to my parents house today for my mom's birthday. Harry was a mess. He's been more nervous for his than I've ever seen him before.

He was wearing a white buttoned up shirt, with three buttons undone at the top and the sleeves rolled up his forearms.

"We should cover my tattoos. Parents don't like tattoos." he says, fiddling with his bottom lip like he always does.

"I promise you, they won't care." I chuckle.

"Stop laughing at me!" he says with a distressed voice. I cover my mouth with my hand to try and contain my giggles.

It was hard to not find the situation funny. A ruthless, terrifying gang leader being afraid to meet his girlfriends parents. I mean come on.

"Harry, you have nothing to worry about." I cup his face in my hands.

He takes a deep breath and sighs. "Okay."

"We should probably get going." I tell him.

He nods and grabs his keys from the kitchen counter. He holds my hand as we walk out and to the elevator, and all the way out of the building.

We walked past men in red and black jackets. They all looked very intimidating.

Harry was pretty quiet during the drive. He's never done this before, so I couldn't blame him for being nervous. But I know my parents. As long as Harry keeps the gang leader side of him hidden, then they'll love him.

After about 50 minutes of driving, we turned into my neighbourhood. My parents house was a couple houses down.

"It's the white house on the left." I point. Harry pulls into the driveway and parks the car.

He sits back in the seat and just stares ahead. I grab a hold of his hand.

"You're gonna be great in there." I reassure.

"Let's just do it. I don't wanna think about it anymore." he says. I nod and get out of the car. Harry and I hold hands all the way up to the door. I take a deep breath before ringing the doorbell.

Harry squeezes my hand tightly until the door swings open to reveal my mother with her long hair pulled into a bun, wearing a long sundress.

"Lydia!" she says, pulling me in for a tight hug.

"Hi mom." I smile into her shoulder.

"I've missed you, sweetie." she says. I pull away smiling and look up at Harry.

My mom follows my gaze and looks at him as well.

"You must be the boy Lydia was talking about." she smiles.

"I'm Harry." he smiles softly and holds his hand out for my mom to shake.

But to his surprise, my mom reaches up and hugs him as well. Harry quickly flicks his wide eyes to look at me. I snicker, making him smirk slightly. He wraps his arms around my mom to hug her back.

"You can call me Jane." she smiles, pulling away from the hug.

"Nice to meet you." Harry says as politely as he can.

My mom was a very peppy person. Harry wasn't used to these kinds of people but he seemed to be handling it quite well for my sake.

"Come on in, both of you." she says, leading the way into the house.