part fifty four

Harry Styles
I was too angry to speak.

Alexander's my cousin and I didn't even know all this time. He was in my fucking gang for years and I had no idea.

Xavier wants me dead, and so does Alexander. They've probably been working together, and Alexander would be Xavier's link to the Phantoms.

Everything was making sense, but in the worst way possible.

It only fueled my fire, however. I was so angry that I couldn't be more ready for the attack. I just have to keep myself contained for the next 3 days, and then I won't stop until they're all dead.

But for right now, I have to use whatever self control I have inside for Lydia. My goal for the next three days is to not upset her in anyway and to just cherish my time with her...because I don't know what's gonna happen.

I'm confident in my gang, but anything could go down.

I was sitting on the edge of the bed, elbows propped on my knees and hands in my hair, just lost in my thoughts.

My life could end in three days.

We've never done anything on this scale before. So much could go wrong and there was a scarily huge chance of dying.

But I'll do it. I will die for her.

These men...these terrifying men were not only after me, but they were after Lydia too. If they got to her, I wouldn't be able to live with myself.

So if I have to lose my life in order for her to live, then that's okay.

I hear her bare feet pat the hardwood ground as she approaches the bedroom from the hallway. She enters the doorway, and I look up at her.

She was wearing a white knit sweater and blue jeans. Her hair was straight and tucked behind her ears. As usual, she looked beautiful.

"I just got off the phone with my mom." her soft voice speaks as she waves the phone in her hand.

I sit up and place my hands on the bed. "What did she say?" I ask.

"She wants us to go shopping with her and my dad and spend the weekend at their place." she bites her lip.

I shake my head slightly. "Lyds, we don't have time to-"

"I know." she cuts me off. "I told her we can't spend the weekend, but I did tell her we would come shopping." she scrunches her nose, awaiting my reaction nervously.

I sigh, but nod. She deserved to spend time with her parents, and to be honest, I wanted to see them as well.

It might be the last time.

"Okay." I say.

"Okay?" she widens her eyes and takes a step forward.

"Yeah. When?"

"They said they would meet us at the mall in 2 hours."

I nod. "Alright."

She pulls a small smile and walks up to me. "Thank you." she says softly.

I gently grab her wrist and pull her to sit on my lap. I took in her fruity-smelling scent and ran my fingers through her hair. She rested her hands on top of my other hand and fiddled with the rings on my fingers, twisting and turning them subtly.

She looked ahead. Her blue eyes were lost in her own mind. I knew she was beating herself up inside about our situation. She was trying to hide it, for my sake.

I rub her back. "We're gonna be okay." I whisper softly.

She presses her lips together and looks down. She blinks rapidly and nods.