party fifty five: 48 hours

2 days until the attack

Lydia White

My alarm went off at 6. I lifted myself off of Harry's warm sleeping body and quietly trudged into my own room.

I fell asleep for another 2 hours until I heard a knocking at my door. I groaned into the pillow because I was extremely tired.

"What?" I say with my face buried into my pillow.

The door opens.

"Good morning to you, too." Harry's voice says.

I look up from the pillow and turn on my side. He stood in the doorway with his grey sweat pants and a black t shirt. He walks in and holds out his hand for me to grab.

"Your parents are waiting for us downstairs." he states, pulling me up by my wrist.

I was in a miserable mood...simply because I was stressed about what happened last night.

I was so scared.

"C'mon sleepy." he says softly, guiding me to stand up.

We go to the bathroom and brush our teeth, then go back and get dressed and pack our bags.

"Are we gonna talk about last night?" I ask, pulling one of Harry's sweaters that I brought over my head.

"We'll get a pill on the way back. If you take it as soon as we get home then you should be fine." he says while shoving his pyjamas into his bag.

Looking down, I nod.

"You're okay with that right?" he asks.

"Yeah. I'm fine." I nod again.

We could not have a baby. Not right now, maybe not ever.

It wouldn't make sense. I only had two guaranteed days left with him.

I get an actual physical ache in my chest when I think about that...so I'm trying not to.

I know that I should give in to reality at some point, but I don't want to. I just want to pretend like everything is fine and then when the time comes to breakdown and cry...then that's when I'll worry about it.

We say goodbye to my parents and leave.

The drive to the drugstore was about 20 minutes. It was cold and grey outside today. The sun was hidden behind the clouds and fog covered the roads.

It was a depressing day.

When we pull into the parking lot of the drugstore, Harry turns off the car and shifts his gaze over to me.

"I'd go in by myself but I don't want you to stay out here alone." he says.

I understood. Even though it was kinda busy, anything could happen.

"Yeah it's okay. I'll come with you." I say.

He pulls his lips into a half smile and unbuckles his seatbelt. "Well let's go." he says.